Sign in to follow this  
defender dinky

Leak unsure where from

Hi all, discovery 4.0 v8, metropolis 52 reg, had a leak for couple of days so thought I would investigate this morning, the fluid does'nt smell and is clear, though it might be power steering fluid, so removed pump but its bone dry as is the ace pump, investigated further and on spinning ther water pump could here some light grindingĀ  so removed, new one ordered, now I took photo and under the plenum it's all wet with what looks like flakey crust any ideas on this before I put it all back together, was it the water pump or is there something under there that could be the problem, dd

20200520_145520.jpg

20200520_145517.jpg

Hi all, just an up date, i've learnt that the throttle housing heater plateĀ  in photo leaking was only introduced for cold climate countries Alaska, Canada ect, and that people in warmer climates bypass this with a piece of copper tube and join them together, which I would like to sort before I put it all back together, but would it be suitable in my vehicle which also runs on lpg, any thoughts on this, dd

20200523_103221.jpg