300tdi with EDC

Just looking for some thoughts on the possibility of putting a 300tdi in my 90td.

I have aquired a rotten p reg discovery with a low millage engine BUT as it's an auto it will probably have EDC and as such reading on line its not possible to fit this engine?. Even on the steve parkers website they advise NOT to fit a edc 300tdi. How do I know if it does have electronic diesel control?

With funds tight and a complete disco sitting here it's realy my only option...

The engine is the same, its just the fuel pump and injectors that are different.  Fit a standard manual fuel pump and injectors and it'll all be fine.

(Some people don't bother changing the injectors, it will run on the originals but the "pop" pressure is different, don't really know what effect that has though)

13 hours ago, dave88sw said:

The engine is the same, its just the fuel pump and injectors that are different.  Fit a standard manual fuel pump and injectors and it'll all be fine.

(Some people don't bother changing the injectors, it will run on the originals but the "pop" pressure is different, don't really know what effect that has though)

I thought it was only the wired injector that was different, with the other three being the same as a manual pump. Isn't the pipework slightly different too as the wired injector is longer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsDUCdc2pAQ

1:34 in, he shows the injector pressures.

I know they will run with a manual pump and edc injectors but like i said, i have no idea what long term problems it would cause if any.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:10 PM, dave88sw said:

Ok. I've looked around for a manual pump with no luck so far.

How much extra work would it be to fit the edc engine in place of the old 19j, all information I can find is on the mamual 300tdi. 😕

19 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

Its a very simple lump. You'll need the ECU. Do you want to mate it to a manual box?

The EDC Disco's have got an unjustified bad rep

The plan is to mate it to the original lt77.

Although auto sounds tempting...

Edited by artwigwa
Spelling