What fitting is a standard indicator/reverse lamp bulb?

BogMonster

In the standard Defender (and many other) lights there are single-pole bayonet bulbs, 21 watt output, part number 264591.

Does anybody know what this bayonet fitting is called - the generic universal fitting type? For example a small fluorescent tube is a T5 tube, a standard headlight bulb is a H4 etc etc.

What I want to find is a nuclear LED bulb that provides much higher output. I have a LED reverse light as part of a full set of LED lights on the Puma and it's garbage, worse than the standard reverse light, so my thinking is that if I can find a much higher output LED bulb that would fit in the standard reverse light body then I could fit that. I live out in the sticks and reversing with the standard reverse light can be difficult, and I can't really be bothered to run a load of wiring for some high level lights.

A super duper round LED that would fit in the same mounting pattern as the standard late-type round reverse light would be even better....

1 minute ago, western said:

382 is at bottom of the LLB list on the attached page, 382 relates to the Voltage & wattage 12v/21w

Yep, agreed, but when asking for a regular indicator or reversing lamp bulb, for a car, they are always denoted 382.

Using 382 as the search is likely to get you better results for automotive LEDs imho.l, as it will find you equivalents.

• Like 1

I fitted some cheap 382 designation LED lamps, rated at 9,000 lumen (!) so if you believe the jargon, that's in excess of 700 watts (really?)

Whatever, they are amazing. Allowed me to dump the auxiliary reversing lights on the roof rack. So good I fitted a set to SWMBO's T4

Could you not use a worklight, of floodlight type thing ? Unless you want it looking original.

I think a lot of it is to do with the lamp units themselves. For example, the reversing lights on my old Astra estate are brilliant, but only use the standard 382 bulbs. Not quite so good with my Master van with the same bulbs. But the Freelander and Jimny with the same bulbs are effing useless.

Dammit, chinese, doesn't post here (and they never turn up if they do).

I basically want something that is easy to fit  in the original location and looks more or less original but has more light output. The Wipac LED reverse lights  are ideal for physical fit, just carp for output!!