What diff?

JST

DiffendSmall.jpg

DiffSmall.jpg

Collect this diff this weekend, and bought it as a std 90 diff. However doesnt appear to be std. 24 spline, and was removed from a drum braked axle, no markings on it, any ideas is it an old std LR open diff or something else?

a little birdy tells me its a std 4 pin diff - that right - having not seen one before. Its the same as a pic on Ashtrans site. so is it worth anything or similar to std? def 24 spline though

Guest diesel_jim

I sold one a few years back for £250 IIRC. the complete diff that was, not just the centre.

I'd be inclined to sell it as a whole diff, that way someone can just pop it in their vehicle and away they go. metric 2 pin diffs are relatively cheap so getting another shouldn't be a problem.

too be fair i bought it off Darth Dicky this weekend so may sell it on complete or as just the diff as all i want is the diff hosuing, pinion and crown wheel (i dont need the centre) so will split any profit with him 50/50 anyway.

too be fair i bought it off Darth Dicky this weekend so may sell it on complete or as just the diff as all i want is the diff hosuing, pinion and crown wheel (i dont need the centre) so will split any profit with him 50/50 anyway.

James,

I'm after a complete 4 pin just like that. Could do you a swap with a standard diff + some £££. Let me know if your interested.

Dave

I have one of those, needs a rebuild bearings and seals etc. I also have a short nose 4 pin diff from a late td5 110? some where.

Peter

Well guys, I'm after two 4 pin diffs.

Pete, how much for yours? I'm particularily interested in the short nose.

Well guys, I'm after two 4 pin diffs.

Pete, how much for yours? I'm particularily interested in the short nose.

Divster, I've also got a brand new 110 rear axle casing and it looks like it takes standard hubs and stubs. Not sure about halfshafts, though...

If you're interested I bought it for £40 and you can have it for that. The short nose diff will go straight in.

Divster, I've also got a brand new 110 rear axle casing and it looks like it takes standard hubs and stubs. Not sure about halfshafts, though...

If you're interested I bought it for £40 and you can have it for that. The short nose diff will go straight in.

Oops, not fully thought out what I wanted before typing the keys. The diffs I want need to be in standard carriers, not salisbury diff carriers :rolleyes: . Appologies again. :rolleyes:

Oops, not fully thought out what I wanted before typing the keys. The diffs I want need to be in standard carriers, not salisbury diff carriers :rolleyes: . Appologies again. :rolleyes:

Later 110 td5's are std type diffs but 4 pin, with a slightly shorter nose.

Peter

Just to add my two penneth:

Divster, The late 110 type axles take P38 diff like you were asking about lately - so a combination of Petergg's short-nose diff, Wills axle casing and a set of standard 24spline shafts will see you with a fairly strong setup. I'm not 100% that standard 24spline shafts are a direct fit but i have fitted them in the past with no issues so they cant be that diffrent

Lewis :)

Also may be of interest to anyone looking for 4pin diff, one on eblag with shafts

Divster, The late 110 type axles take P38 diff like you were asking about lately - so a combination of Petergg's short-nose diff, Wills axle casing and a set of standard 24spline shafts will see you with a fairly strong setup. I'm not 100% that standard 24spline shafts are a direct fit but i have fitted them in the past with no issues so they cant be that diffrent

What he said :P

Basically, late 110's use a casing that takes the short nose diff and is generally a bit beefier (thicker diff pan etc) but, appart from that, IIRC its like a standard rover setup. I bought the casing at a Sodbury a while ago (seller wanted rid at the end of the day and for the price it was worth it) with a view of converting it to take a stock rover diff or building up a short nosed diff, having it pegged and fitting my ARB centre to it. However, given the cost / work involved with those options I'm just going to mod a standard casing.

If you're interested, let me know as it might be perfect for you: brand new and unpainted.

Also may be of interest to anyone looking for 4pin diff, one on eblag with shafts

OK, try again then...

Peter, have you got a price in mind for the short nose???

Will, I'll definately take the casing off your hands if I can agree a price with Peter??

James, have you had a think of whether you're willing to part with your 4 pin? If so, how much £££???

OK, try again then...

Will, I'll definately take the casing off your hands if I can agree a price with Peter??

James, have you had a think of whether you're willing to part with your 4 pin? If so, how much £££???

Divster, I was contacted via PM last night by annother user who wished to buy the case. Would you mind letting the casing go to them as they technically got in before you?

OK, try again then...

£200-00 plus post or can take to indoor show.

Peter