Swivel to axle gasket

I'm sure you will, but make sure you clean up both surfaces and you only need to used some thick paper as this is all the original is made from. Apply some grease to both sides of the gasket and all good to go.

6 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Can’t see any issue using sealant. Especially as a short fix as you can pop the assembly out enough to seal it.

Must say I can’t work out how one would just let go though? Are the bolts all still tight?

Once I started stripping the bottom 3 bolts where just finger tight, that explains the leak but I can’t understand how they where loose, it’s covered less than 200 miles since it’s rebuild and I always check fasteners on everything..

7 hours ago, Keeper96 said:

Once I started stripping the bottom 3 bolts where just finger tight, that explains the leak but I can’t understand how they where loose, it’s covered less than 200 miles since it’s rebuild and I always check fasteners on everything..

No idea whether the stock bolts are strength class 10.9

But if so its a reason for a leak if you use 8.8

Are these classes in GB the same? It is metric.

Edited by Sigi_H