Another what wire is this post

Well actually 2 wires, neither of which I can find on the wiring diagrams - 1994 200tdi hard top. Does anyone know what these are and where they should connect? I think the first one is extra and not connected previously but the second one I think was

First is white and orange up on the bulkhead by the fuel filter

159008899_Orangewire.thumb.jpg.1eed9aa09201a89f9c8f094c75f60c2d.jpg

Second is a hard covered wire wich appears blue and black and comes up from the rear loom up next to the lift pump

168968424_blueandblackwire.thumb.jpg.8ed319f4a125dc2dd9e36f039ea0aae0.jpg

White/orange is a ignition switched 12v feed for air condition system when fitted. 

I used mine to power a shut off relay for 2nd battery voltmeter so it switches off & doesn't drain the winch battery. 

What colours on other wire? 

If its blue/purple is a feed for interior light door switches

• Like 1

2 hours ago, western said:

White/orange is a ignition switched 12v feed for air condition system when fitted. 

I used mine to power a shut off relay for 2nd battery voltmeter so it switches off & doesn't drain the winch battery. 

What colours on other wire? 

If its blue/purple is a feed for interior light door switches

OK white and orange can certainly be ignored as suspected. The second one is black and blue and has a hard plastic coating to make it rigid which I really don't remember when I unplugged it. It looks like it was connected from the inside of the wire

I will have to go and look at the 200 tdi 110 to see if I can figure it out - that has been 300tdi converted though so the wiring has been messed with

black/blue colour says its the wire to the diff lock switch from the diff lock warning light

does it come out of the loom before it goes through the chassis?

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

black/blue colour says its the wire to the diff lock switch from the diff lock warning light

does it come out of the loom before it goes through the chassis?

Yes it does! This would make sense, I just have it rotated 90 degrees. Diff lock light is on the to do list to check it is working

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorted this out today and now onto the next issue. The 2 wires coming from the fuel sender

One is brown and green and terminals in a bolt on ring connection, does this go to earth? 

The other is green and back, where does this connect. I can't see where these went and cannot see anything not connected up at the bulkhead

green/black is signal from fuel sender to to fuel gauge.

no brown with green trace in wiring diagram, but there is Green with brown trace which is from reverse light switch to reverse lights.

found a Brown/light green that goes from fuse 5 to a relay & a inertia switch on later vehicles 300Tdi & Td5.

It's very odd as it is definitely brown and green and it is from the sender on the tank. OK let's ignore the colours. These two wires from the sender used to be connected before the chassis swap and now they are not! 

Should the sender wire that is not black green go to earth hence the ring terminal? Looks like it should from the diagram I have. And for the green and black wire, which of the bulkhead multi plugs should it go into? 

DSC_2114.thumb.JPG.9c59595e39a6a3816d49eb07d0844ce9.JPG

DSC_2115.JPG

Just to close this out. There was something else plugged in there, DSC_2130.thumb.JPG.4acfe23778991c6e9457712320eb0513.JPGhave disconnected and all seems fine. No idea what that wire did or if it was connected before. It is also green and black

• Like 1