Bed in a 90

was he a dwarf? i cant imagine how there would be room. mate used to have a bed in the back of a 110 & that wasnt quite long enough to lay flat on, unless you used the bulkhead as a pillow.

Comfy!

That was the bit that confused me. Either he's a midget, or anyone who wants to use the passenger seat has to be. It looked to be more than just removing the headrest didn't it!

I had a 6'2" by 4' bed in the back of my 110 CSW. Two bits of 12mm ply 4' wide, one 4' long the other 2'2". Long board placed over back of middle row seats with backs folded forward, bottom of this boad sat on a bit of 2"x4" that rested across the rear bench seats (cushions removed) to make it level. The smaller board rested on this bit of 2"x4" also and the other end on another bit of 2"x4" aross the back just by the rear door. The smaller section at the back was easily lifted to access storage under the bed, rear footwell accessible through rear side doors provided extra storage space too. If you where a bit taller and needed a longer bed a few more inches is easily possible especially if the fronts seats where tipped forward.

In a 90 a reasonable sized bed can be constructed at bulkhead height stretching from the rear door to the dash going over the fronts seats which are tipped forward.

I removed the bulkhead and centre seat on the 90 and can

easily sleep in it with feet between the seats. When I had

the 88" S3 I made a tent affair that fitted over the drop down

tail gate and two could sleep in there.

Had to be good friends though :D

Coincidently I'm on the Wirral too !

I travelled in Paul's 'bedroom' a couple of weekends ago on a green-lane trip when the S1 didn't want to run.

There are two pieces of board which go from the rear door to the dash, and a couple of pieces of foam that go on top.

That's it. Nice and simple!

Where's it all stored when it's not in use?

Any chance of some pics? (not of you in bed, but of the bed itself!!)

Where's it all stored when it's not in use?

Any chance of some pics? (not of you in bed, but of the bed itself!!)

Simply stood on their side in the box he has built over the wheelarch. The box holds all the recovery gear, and then a couple of straps/clips hold the stuff upright.