Defender 90 Puma Seat Conversion & Rollcage

21 minutes ago, western said:

I think the first link is the seatbelt bracket for a pickup cab judging by the curved corner window. But at the same time the tub panels below suggest its next to the rear door? Dont know enough about the various Defender models to know if there was a 90 hard top with curved rear corner panels?

Too many bracket variations over the years!

Found this page:

Parts numbers are EWY500040 for RH and EWY500050 for LH.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:06 PM, PolarBlair said:

I would like to know what part number item 4 is. Would complete the factory look to have a cover for the seatbelt reel.

I thought the reel was hidden behind the panel on the later ones like your's? - but I see you've got early window trim.

This might work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Defender-seat-belt-retractor-cover-NEW-GENUINE-MWC4592-7A10/163683033032?hash=item261c44dfc8:g:jsQAAOSwES1c1GZo

On 6/12/2020 at 1:56 PM, Maverik said:

I thought the reel was hidden behind the panel on the later ones like your's? - but I see you've got early window trim.

This might work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Defender-seat-belt-retractor-cover-NEW-GENUINE-MWC4592-7A10/163683033032?hash=item261c44dfc8:g:jsQAAOSwES1c1GZo

Later one? mines a 1993 - interior trim panels don't allow for forward facing seats. Mine just had the inward facing seats so no reel at all.

You can get Td5/puma trim panels with the cutout buy they're £200 used.

I swear I spent ages looking for it when I did this but no luck. 10seconds of googling just now and look what popped up!

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-EVD500010--SelectedCurrency-1?gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qq4gttcSHs-Ave09ce7UOWBJ8K2uAX9vm9-GxxYOhEx1HAu-u1MVEBxoCMvwQAvD_BwE

@doezel Thats a tidy 90. One day I hope to get mine resprayed properly like that.

It looks a lot better than it is. Don't know who did the last respray but paint is bubbling everywhere - rust wasn't treated properly underneath so of course its come back through. Worst of all is a lot of the brackets/ hinges didn't get reinstalled with their gaskets - loads more corrosion.

Started a new thread and I'm slowly trying to sort the rust: