It seems I'm not going to the UK soon.....

Arjan

Now, this is NOT about the virus or politics.

Merely a post to air some of the frustration...

I need to visit clients in the UK and to collect some LR stuff (like a Ninety roof) in a 2 - 3 days max. -  trip

How the F..k am I to do that with this 14 days having to stay locked up idiocy ?

Truckdrivers, diplomats whoever no problem

People like me having to do business are effectively banned from doing business....

I've had a container full of rooftents stuck invDurban since March, might just get to the UK in time for winter if I'm lucky. Looks like I'll have to cancel my December flights to joburg as well as they aren't letting anyone in till February.. 

I can cross many Borders - and I will be soon as the works is piling up... It is just that the UK holds also LR bits one does not post (try getting a quote for a Ninety roof....)

We're still running a lot of trains everywhere on 3 Continents - so a lot of work -  but passenger traffic seems to have stopped.

"...post your Anvil..." ? I have to go North and will come your way. Rather bring you a good Pie !

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 1:44 PM, Arjan said:

I can cross many Borders - and I will be soon as the works is piling up... It is just that the UK holds also LR bits one does not post (try getting a quote for a Ninety roof....)

We're still running a lot of trains everywhere on 3 Continents - so a lot of work -  but passenger traffic seems to have stopped.

"...post your Anvil..." ? I have to go North and will come your way. Rather bring you a good Pie !

Might be worth asking Matt at Carriage Auto Services who he uses to send bulky stuff as he ships whole body assemblies around the world.