Non LR Question

Nonimouse

A friend has an  07, Mk3 Ford Ranger (Mazda BT50). His key fob has died (not battery)

Ford don't want to know - in fact he was told that there is no Mk3 Ranger

Mazda are even worse - Mazda Swindon stated that  'Mazda don't sell pick up trucks in the UK, so this must be a grey import'

He can get a new key fob off eBay.

Any suggestions as to where he can get it programmed?

In my old job we had a Ford diagnostic system to do these and the system did more or less anything Ford including vehicles I had never heard of. I would have thought any competent independent that could do Ford diagnostics could help. It's probably the same as mine underneath - the old 2.5L turbo indirect injection Mazda-derived engine? Completely bombproof injector pump engine. Mine was a 2011 model but I think the UK models were on to a TDCI engine by then. Never actually had to program a new remote in my time so can't say for sure what the process is.

Just now, BogMonster said:

In my old job we had a Ford diagnostic system to do these and the system did more or less anything Ford including vehicles I had never heard of. I would have thought any competent independent that could do Ford diagnostics could help. It's probably the same as mine underneath - the old 2.5L turbo indirect injection Mazda-derived engine? Completely bombproof injector pump engine. Mine was a 2011 model but I think the UK models were on to a TDCI engine by then. Never actually had to program a new remote in my time so can't say for sure what the process is.

Yours will be a BT50 lump then.

I'll suggest that he find a decent independent ford dealer

Anyone that codes keys should be able to do this pretty easily. There are plenty of auto locksmith services that do this for a range of cars and these certainly won't be the most complex.

Some you can do youself but I think the Rangers use the Mazda electronic system as opposed to Fords offering as a Transit can easily be coded yourself

8 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

Yours will be a BT50 lump then.

I'll suggest that he find a decent independent ford dealer

Yeah - you want somebody who knows how to do Ford diagnostics, rather than somebody who has been through a Ford training course!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nonimouse said:

A friend has an  07, Mk3 Ford Ranger (Mazda BT50). His key fob has died (not battery)

Ford don't want to know - in fact he was told that there is no Mk3 Ranger

Mazda are even worse - Mazda Swindon stated that  'Mazda don't sell pick up trucks in the UK, so this must be a grey import'

He can get a new key fob off eBay.

Any suggestions as to where he can get it programmed?

Is the spare key still present? In this case Timpson key cutters can do it. Check their website, as not all the outlets do remote kar keys.

• Like 3

Hi,

Might be worth having a look at Forscan https://forscan.org/home.html

It does lots of what would normally be main dealer diagnostics and programming. I've used it for programming several Ford and Mazda keys as well as coding new ecu/modules etc.

If you look at the website there's a fairly comprehensive list of whats supported on which models by the various versions.

You use it with an ELM327 interface (ebay £10 - £20).

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeAK said:

Hi,

Might be worth having a look at Forscan https://forscan.org/home.html

It does lots of what would normally be main dealer diagnostics and programming. I've used it for programming several Ford and Mazda keys as well as coding new ecu/modules etc.

If you look at the website there's a fairly comprehensive list of whats supported on which models by the various versions.

You use it with an ELM327 interface (ebay £10 - £20).

Mike

do you know of one for VW? M2001 T4 needs a fob re-programme and main dealer want £370.00

On 6/4/2020 at 7:22 PM, Nonimouse said:

do you know of one for VW? M2001 T4 needs a fob re-programme and main dealer want £370.00

I am with the RAC and as part of my cover is included key insurance which covers lost keys, stolen keys or broken keys. They replaced my P38 key last week because it disintegrated and my Discovery key last year because I lost it.

Disco was through an auto locksmith the P38 was through the local main stealer.