You ok

Good evening!

I am still here, albeit not online as much, life gets in the way with one thing or another  :D

How are you doing up there?  I threatened the missus we'd seek out geniune Scottish fabricator who could teach us a wee bit when we leave on our travels :P

I must post some more updates to the build, it's a labour of love and i'm still enjoying it when i can :D

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Badger110 said:

threatened the missus we'd seek out geniune Scottish fabricator who could teach us a wee bit 

Genuine Scottish fabricator !! Who would that be ?? I just happen to live in Scotland 19 yrs now originally from the North East  take care bonny lad regards Stephen

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Genuine Scottish fabricator !! Who would that be ?? I just happen to live in Scotland 19 yrs now originally from the North East  take care bonny lad regards Stephen

Ssshhh don't tell her that! 

I said you'd be wearing a kilt and everything!

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/13/2020 at 8:23 AM, Arjan said:

Wore a Kilt 43 years ago at a wedding in Moffat.

32 Kilts

1 Scotsman 😁

I have lived in Scotland all my life over 50 years and I refused to wear a kilt at both my weddings as I am not Scottish!

• Haha 1

The first one I couldm't as she would take anything regardless of the weather. the second made me weep at the wedding as I had never seen her looking so stunning and was 30 degrees in foreign climate,

I am proud to be English, always have been always will be and not hypocritical to "ask permission" to wear the national attire of a country not of my birth.

28 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

The first one I couldm't as she would take anything regardless of the weather. the second made me weep at the wedding as I had never seen her looking so stunning and was 30 degrees in foreign climate,

I am proud to be English, always have been always will be and not hypocritical to "ask permission" to wear the national attire of a country not of my birth.

Ouch where did that attack come from, for your information I am also proud to be English I did ask my  Scottish best man if he was ok with me wearing a kilt  quite simply just me showing respect and thanks to the people who bent over backwards to assist me and my family settling in when we relocated to Scotland, so much so I joked with the kids about relocating somewhere else and they were horrified I love the Scottish / English  banter but it doesn't make me less proud to be English,you have a bit of hypocrisy in your own post but I'll let you work that out regards Stephen 

My only contribution to this was to attend a wedding in Scotland where the 30ish bridegroom was Scottish, and wore the kilt. In casual conversation afterwards he remarked that it was very cost effective to buy a kilt as formal wear, because, if you spent on quality, it was easy to 'let the kilt out' as the wearer became more portly over the years.

I'm no longer in touch with him, so cannot say if he still holds the same view, or has needed to take advantage of the kilts adaptability.

Regards.

3 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Ouch where did that attack come from, for your information I am also proud to be English I did ask my  Scottish best man if he was ok with me wearing a kilt  quite simply just me showing respect and thanks to the people who bent over backwards to assist me and my family settling in when we relocated to Scotland, so much so I joked with the kids about relocating somewhere else and they were horrified I love the Scottish / English  banter but it doesn't make me less proud to be English,you have a bit of hypocrisy in your own post but I'll let you work that out regards Stephen 

Stephen

Not meant to be an attack on anyone but responding to a post that may have been meant as banter but was not taken that way and don't think was appropriate for this forum.

21 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

Stephen

Not meant to be an attack on anyone but responding to a post that may have been meant as banter but was not taken that way and don't think was appropriate for this forum.

Dont know which post you are referring to but asking permission was specific to my post however if not meant to be an attack I can accept that thankyou 

But we are way off topic as I posted to hopefully find out if a fellow forum member is ok as he has not posted for a while  regards Stephen 

Edited by Stellaghost

13 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Wouldn't want to disappoint the wife to be if its been cold!

I can attest to the fact that they're not cold garments having been asked to wear mine as the bridal chauffeur at a friends wedding. In the evening on a crisp winter evening all the men in kilts were stood outside because it was too hot inside :blink:.

3 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

In casual conversation afterwards he remarked that it was very cost effective to buy a kilt as formal wear, because, if you spent on quality, it was easy to 'let the kilt out' as the wearer became more portly over the years.

That is true - it's by far and away the single most expensive piece of clothing I've ever bought but given it was a bespoke order to get the clan colours it's certainly well made and will last decades. I'll decline to comment on the latter point :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

@Stellaghost Thanks for the shout, all is well, NO that's a lie! other wise i wouldn't be on here posting my latest LR problem Grrrrrrrr! Sadly not had the time to get on here, have missed the crack though always brings a smile to my face reading posts a recognising names......... Found myself recommending this site to a couple of Defender and Discovery owners just recently so still thinking about the forum at times.

Good to know you kept yourself safe Steve and the rest of you, should be back on a bit more frequently now if only to give Steve a giggle ;)

Cheers all Mutley (Andy)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1