Sandblaster

Yeah CERN, I'm curing cancer single-handedly according to the journos https://www.ledauphine.com/sante-et-medecine/2017/11/30/le-cern-prepare-les-therapies-anti-cancers-de-demain, thats me and my hotcell in pics 6-7 of the article, and yes i'd have shaved the scraggly beard off if i knew i was getting my picture taken

Super high vac is not my area, but i see a lot of colleagues battling with it. Beyond 10-8 and things get exponentially tricky, the outgassing of the materials for example.

1 minute ago, HoSS said:

Yeah CERN, super high vac is not my area, but i see a lot of colleagues battling with it. Beyond 10-8 and things get exponentially tricky, the outgassing of the materials for example.

Ah cool, an old colleague of mine spent a number of years out there on the vacuum side. Yeah its certainly more in-depth than most people assume, cleanliness being the prime thing! Then on top of that leaks... A big leak to us being one that would take 300 years to pump out a cigarette lighter. Our experiment was baking through ~6 weeks of that hot spell in summer 2019.... at 120C. That was fun! The JET experiment bakes to 300C and runs at that so even cleaner inside. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anybody wants some free media then I'm going to have a few tonnes of used stuff available current estimate is 7-8 tonnes... Will need sifting and drying :SVAgoaway:*

DSC_0823.thumb.JPG.7465cfd93c95eb4068d7344e3676d0d9.JPG

Certainly not the cheapest of setups but it is bloody impressive watching it demolish the paintwork and in some cases evacuate large chunks of render off the wall.

DSC_0829.thumb.JPG.6e3616e86b2522f8744acedb3c950458.JPG

I think he said this was his baby compressor at 280cfm (at pressure), the blast nozzle is about 1.5" in diameter.

* Oh and collection only, can load bulk bags with the pallet forks on the JCB

• Like 1