Fitted these Babies

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

Over the weekend we fitted a center gauge panel over the original center gauge panel which incudes a GPS speedo, a re-located boost gauge ( 200tdi ) a USB socket ( twin ) an EGT gauge and an LED Volt gauge, been waiting for the Volt gauge to arrive hence why i've just posted the thread 

20200608_202413.jpg

20200608_202429.jpg

20200608_223739.jpg

IMG-20200609-WA0004.jpg

1 hour ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

Where did you get the GPS speedo from? Is it quick to attain a signal?

Yes and off ebay just make sure its a multi voltage one goes from something like 5-36v a bacic 12V one may not work 🙂

Edited by Cornish Rattler
Read post wrong

1 minute ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Yes and off ebay just make sure its a multi voltage one goes from something like 5-36v a bacic 12V one may not work 🙂

sory read your post wrong, yes just take a live feed from ignition switch and an earth then put the GPS senser somewhere 

Should we be concerned? I mean, we care. It starts with something seemingly innocent, you know - a few gauges, in er... blue. A few weeks later it's a farm-jack. Then there's the f**k-off roof-rack. Next comes the slow creep of the umpteen jerry-cans. The mahoosive towel-rail for a football-stadium of spot-lights? A sheet of "I was never confused" chequer-plate - strictly to vertical-panels, mind...

Finally comes 'The Hat'. You know the one.

The signs are there. I worry, we worry. This can happen to anyone. We're a caring sharing lot here, we ask because we care. Lest we forget...

The Gospel according to St. Phillip of Sterndale.

Edited by Landrover17H
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Took the landy out for a run today to test the new gauges and they all worked fine and checked to see how fast it would go and it topped out at 90 mph but my cruising speed is 75 mph so quite pleased with that :)

90 mph - gulp I've managed to make 60mph at best effort!

I also have a GPS speedo - think we have the same model and I have been pleased with mine. I found the speedo cable securing screw had been sheared and so fitting a GPS speedo was the better option compared with taking out and dismantling the g'box to drill out the stud. I'm pleased with mine and will be fitting one to my kitcar build.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:47 AM, Landrover17H said:

Should we be concerned? I mean, we care. It starts with something seemingly innocent, you know - a few gauges, in er... blue. A few weeks later it's a farm-jack. Then there's the f**k-off roof-rack. Next comes the slow creep of the umpteen jerry-cans. The mahoosive towel-rail for a football-stadium of spot-lights? A sheet of "I was never confused" chequer-plate - strictly to vertical-panels, mind...

Finally comes 'The Hat'. You know the one.

The signs are there. I worry, we worry. This can happen to anyone. We're a caring sharing lot here, we ask because we care. Lest we forget...

The Gospel according to St. Phillip of Sterndale.

😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Mite look into getting a brighter GPS speedo as the one i have is quite dim in daylight but other than that everythings working great 🙂

Yes I also found that - rewired the light to permanent when ignition on. No problem then.