def. "95 dash electrics

LIKE A BIT OF ADVICE PLEASE. I AM GOING TO PUT 3 DIALS INTO A POD ON TOP OF THE DASH , A VOLT METER, FUEL GAUGE (MOVED FROM NEXT TO SPEEDO) AND AN OIL PRESSURE GAUGE IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO PIGGY BACK THE IGNITION FEED FROM THE ORIGINAL GAUGES ,GOING TO THE VOLT METER FIRST,THEN PIGGY BACK TO THE OTHER 2 GAUGES ?AND DO THE SAME FOR THE GAUGE LIGHTS .(MOVING FUEL GAUGE TO FIT A TACHO IN ITS PLACE). IS THE GREEN WIRE THE IGNITION FEED?ALSO,WOULD I BE RIGHT IN THINKING THERE IS VERY LITTLE POWER REQUIRED , SO SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM BLOWING  FUSES, E.T.C. 

Jethro

I have 4 gauges in a dash top pod, 2 voltmeters, oil temp & oil pressure, easy enough to wire in, 1 voltmeter is for the start battery & I just extended the original wiring to it, 2nd voltmeter is for my winch battery, so all new wiring except or the lighting which is connected into the other gauges lighting wires. 

the fuel gauge wires can be extended to the new location,  oil pressure gauge is new wiring, again both can have the lighting extended from the other gauges.

on my 110 the standard gauge layout has been changed to [from the left] Speedo, rev counter, temp gauge,fuel gauge,  my pod gauges [from left] are winch batt voltmeter, vehicle batt voltmeter, oil temp, oil pressure, 

I would suggest leaving the fuel gauge in the main instrument pack.

one other thing is Please do not type in Capitals & bold type as is the internet form of shouting over everyone else. You will note that I have reverted your post to non bold but I'm not typing it all out to lowercase format.

I think you plan should work fine, since the taco isn’t going to take power from that feed anyway.  The others should not overload the wiring as long as it is in good condition, which is anyone’s guess on these old vehicles.  To err on the safe side, you could thread a new main feed and string for the power side of these gauges using the next heavier gauge (8a would be more than sufficient for the stretch from the fuse box to the first couple of gauges) and use new terminals to ensure good contacts.

if you want to stay with the land rover wiring colour codes for the additional gauges ---- 

red/white trace - gauge lighting

plain black - earth/ground

light green/white trace - oil pressure

light green/green - oil temperature 

plain white - voltmeter [ignition switched] so voltmeter goes off when engine is off to prevent battery drain.

plain green - ignition switched 12v feed to power the additional gauges [except for voltmeter see above]

snagger, have got a couple of those piggy back fuses. I can use one to come out of the fuse box ,once I have found a fuse which is ignition controlled,and sort out which way to plug it in,as I believe you can get them the wrong way round. thanks a lot mate.

western, have already got all the colour coded wire from v.w.p. as you have already suggested ,and thanks again for your help .any other tips would be helpful .

thanks,Jethro