T Seals

T seals 4 vinnie 0 , cant believe ive trashed 4 t seals daft little things like this put me right back now having to wait to get more , the last time i had to fit any i had no bother only difference was they were cork ones and these ones today were like hard rubber , im almost tempted to use silicon as ive seen some people say its fine and works a treat , but ill wait as ive fashioned some guides out of some angle i have and ill see if i can get the cork type and hopefully get them in 

I used to use steel from drinks cans to assist the seals, but I couldn't find anything. Aluminium doesn't work, too soft.

So I made the blocks. They worked okay, quite a bit sticking up at the end.

I'll know in a couple of years if it worked....

IMG_20200602_200228.jpg

IMG_20200602_203135.jpg

IMG_20200602_203720.jpg

IMG_20200602_204244.jpg

IMG_20200602_193632.jpg

• Thanks 1

Damn good question. It's the bottom of the flywheel housing. Along the join.

I plan on putting a decent sealant along the join as well as the t seal.

• Like 1

I'm cracking up now lads I've managed to get the cap back on after damaging 4 more which were snapping as I got so far down, in the pic you will see there was quite a bit of the seals sticking up but I think I'm just going to go with it , I did try to blow air through the seals with a compressor and can't feel anything blowing through but I do realise that's not an ideal test lol

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

• 2 years later...

Used same method. Made guiding blocks and trimmed outer edge of lower (horizontal limb) of seal. Still haven't trimmed off ends because unsure of whether they will contract. The ones I took out were 'too short'. Oiled crank, greased cap, seals and guides and wriggled, shoved and tapped the cap in (with plastic hammer). 

IMG_4857.JPG