Vehicle reg

Ozzy50

I’m sure I read somewhere That it is now possible to take a cherished reg off of a non mot’d vehicle , anybody here have any experience of this ?

ps : I know I’m being lazy by asking rather than looking 

any help gratefully received 

cheers , James 

ignore me , I decided to look and found it 👍🏻

Edited by Ozzy50

https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle-registration-numbers/take-private-number-off

The vehicle must:

be registered with DVLA in the UK

be able to move under its own power

be of a type that needs an MOT or heavy goods vehicle (HGV) test certificate

have been taxed or had a SORN in place continuously for the past 5 years

be taxed currently (or have a SORN in place - if it’s had a SORN for more than 5 years, it must be taxed)

be available for inspection

DVLA will check your application and contact you if your vehicle needs an inspection.

5 hours ago, Ozzy50 said:

Thank you , I tried putting the link in but couldn’t make it work so came on to post having written it all down but you beat me to it so thank you again 

FYI just copy and paste the URL from your browser straight into the box like you would any other text and it sorts it out itself.

39 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

FYI just copy and paste the URL from your browser straight into the box like you would any other text and it sorts it out itself.

Thanks , I’ve done it before and its worked but I must have been doing something wrong this time as no matter how hard I tried it wouldn’t do it , probably me having a brain fade ! 
anyway @ jeremy996 sorted it for me  👍🏻 

turns out I can’t do what I wanted anyway as my 110 has been sorn’d  for more than 5 yrs (10 actually !, how time flies when your not getting your project finished 😬

I was looking into saving my MUD reg for another day as I’m considering selling ALL my Land Rover stuff and buying a Hilux (sorry) 

Edited by Ozzy50
Forgot summat didn’t I !