Thoughts and Musings on the Ineos Grenadier

Bowie69

@Snagger 🤣

Building it in France will cost a fortune.  Labour law prevents sacking of even the most incompetent and lazy staff, severely limits weekly hours and they’re always on strike.  Ineos would be shooting themselves in the foot.  But other than that, the vehicle is looking pretty impressive, and a far, far better prospect than the Pretender.

⬆️ No stereotypes were hurt in the making of the above post 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, elbekko said:

What on earth is going on under that rear bumper?

Indeed! It should have a towbar rather than that silly shiny bit of metal.

I'm wondering, too, about the location of the rear number-plate: a proper-height towbar would probably cause a visibility-obstruction and incur the wrath of the Carabinieri/Polizei when they find the towbar makes it harder for their speed-cameras to get a good view.

1 hour ago, steve b said:

If it's broken , both vehicles are suffering the same fail ..?

Steve

Maybe they took the passenger side off so they can move that camera around ? 

If you visit the website listed on the motorbike screen you can see this is all about capturing film.

I wonder why the bumper has a mesh ‘intake’ in it?

The way the rear bumper wraps around looks practical.

I wonder what the little panel above it does ? Just behind the rear arch ....

Is that a vent on the rear between the side window and the small door window ? 

The rims are interesting too - a little like a Wolf wheel stylistically I thought - but the centres sit quite flush to the face.

I just noticed those roof rails. It wasn't until I zoomed in that I realised they weren't alpine lights.

Are they grab handles, roof luggage lashing points, or an exposed part of an integral roll frame that doubles up as the first two ideas? From another angle I am seeing light sabre stowage positions :D
Either way I think a fair bit of crud will end up in there.

These waistline rails look like that load securing track.

image.png.0cccfc6b0fab695e24c90f84abf9b4df.png

image.png.d11979dae90954dd72e94aa0c1516376.png

It looks oddly like a render, even in those photos. I know it's not, lighting just seems to hit it weirdly. The bonnet looks a lot better than the previous pictures.

I like the idea of the attachment points, as long as they are functionally well-considered and not done for the 'Tacticool' look or spec sheet bloating. It would be a shame if they're just water traps or using them to actually secure anything damages the paintwork (just look at some of the aftermarket external storage bolt-ons for LR).

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, missingsid said:

There are great features on this car and it has huge potential s I wish it well, BUT

I really wish they had used a shape that was not such a LR Defneder rip off, it shows a lack of imagination.

I wondered about that .....

I half wonder if it’s simply that Mr Ratcliffe loves his Defenders - and so they’ve built one.

He also offered to buy the tooling didn’t he and continue their production - and apparently JLR initially seemed quite open to it and then said no - so part of me wonders is he rubbing it in a bit.