Thoughts and Musings on the Ineos Grenadier

Bowie69

I doubt the sales of the Grenadier or the Defender are going to be in trouble, they are both small volume products and Ineos and Land Rover both have far more demand than there is production capacity - even without component shortages. They are both in the leisure/lifestyle 4x4 market and there will always be enough people with money despite the rises in the cost of just about everything.

What will be more interesting is how many Grenadiers are bought commercially. 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:26 AM, Retroanaconda said:

I doubt the sales of the Grenadier or the Defender are going to be in trouble, they are both small volume products and Ineos and Land Rover both have far more demand than there is production capacity - even without component shortages. They are both in the leisure/lifestyle 4x4 market and there will always be enough people with money despite the rises in the cost of just about everything.

What will be more interesting is how many Grenadiers are bought commercially. 

Yep, I am curious to know what the commercial uptake will be and what the fleet pricing will be.

The latest bit of marketing to come my way, a render of my ordered vehicle as it would look driving around Iceland. Nothing is real as this is all a video rendering, so more Pixar movie than News at Ten. The e-mail is apparently warming me up for more contact from them in a week or so.

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/gb/my-grenadier?videoUrl=/cinematic/G03A/video/14c449618f7d7bb79e47cbd520e5cad65f7af70c.mp4

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Never noticed they could have individual sunroofs before 

The "Safari Roof"; two small tilt/remove sunroofs. If the Grenadier is as bendy as a original Defender, I may regret that choice, as the old Britax sunroof always leaked as the vehicle aged. My 110CSW was rebuilt with a solid TD5 roof to avoid the sun roof leaks!

That's great!  Ineos seem to be pretty good at those little touches.  Yours is quite close to what I'd pick colour-wise, except I despise black wheels (have them on my Freelander 2 and hate the unfinished look).  

Somehow, that video really highlights how low a back floor can be if you don't hide spare wheels or seats under it, a very positive feature.  I wonder if the whole floor would be that low in the models without rear seats?

On 6/24/2022 at 1:40 PM, jeremy996 said:

The latest bit of marketing to come my way, a render of my ordered vehicle as it would look driving around Iceland. Nothing is real as this is all a video rendering, so more Pixar movie than News at Ten. The e-mail is apparently warming me up for more contact from them in a week or so.

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/gb/my-grenadier?videoUrl=/cinematic/G03A/video/14c449618f7d7bb79e47cbd520e5cad65f7af70c.mp4

That looks superb, though I’d go for white wheels.  Maybe I’m too conditioned by LR…  I really like the interiors and double sunroofs.

• Like 2

New Youtube video, Robert Pepper talking to the CEO for Australia, New Zealand and Oceania. Interesting take on the Grenadier with some interesting concepts talked about - Graceful Degradation was a lovely idea, (system faults but still able to move)

Quite long at nearly 53 minutes, but I found it interesting.

• Like 2

A YouTube video from Christian and Vera, LR_Time, where they explain their take on the Grenadier buying conundrum. My favourite bit was Christian say the way to make the Grenadier look cheap was to configure a Defender!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was sent an e-mail from Ineos which says that the initial vehicles will be later than expected. I had an October 2022 build date, so I guess it's now November/December for delivery. They included a video from Mark Tennant.

https://click.grenadier.ineos.com/?qs=b7ab65b1d24dc3aa892ff0dc0ebe840c97d2079a21fa830b0cf8f5b19b45fb36d579724e3bd170f5b303535654f2f77b187a87f04fe7e4db

(The video cannot be embedded).

As selling my LR110CSW is proving something of a pain, this may be a blessing in disguise. Still, I now have an MOT to 24/08/2023, so it's not all bad.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

Mark Evans is a fan at least!

You mean Mark Evans, paid spokesman for Ineos Grenadier who's been presenting all their development PR videos for the last few years?

I mean, I've met him and he's a top chap and loves his Land Rovers and vehicles in general, but it's not exactly much of an endorsement in this case :lol:

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, jeremy996 said:

I was actually surprised to see anything in LRM, the editor wrote a few months ago that they would stick to LRs, so Gary Pusey must have some leverage. 

I heard he'd got some comprising pictures of the editor in a 3some with a mitsubishi, a Toyota and a Jeep...

• Haha 2