Thoughts and Musings on the Ineos Grenadier

Bowie69

I must say, the styling is probably as close as you can get to a defender without JLR taking you to court. I think the end result could be quite promising.

The wheel arches could probably house a 35" tyre without too much butchering, and thankfully none of this low profile tyre BS that stops us having any decent chance to go offroad properly. 

The bottom could do with stuff moving upwards:

large._SB18746.jpg.d0aae3e949a4ef612f30184417a1ce5f.jpg

That suspension mount makes a defender elephant ear look small, and is that an exhaust or a fuel tank? Anyway, I just get the grinder out to cut it all of for the long arm suspension conversion when the time comes. 

I think this car has potential and might be the next big thing in offroad circles.

Daan

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Daan said:

I must say, the styling is probably as close as you can get to a defender without JLR taking you to court. I think the end result could be quite promising.

The wheel arches could probably house a 35" tyre without too much butchering, and thankfully none of this low profile tyre BS that stops us having any decent chance to go offroad properly. 

The bottom could do with stuff moving upwards:

large._SB18746.jpg.d0aae3e949a4ef612f30184417a1ce5f.jpg

That suspension mount makes a defender elephant ear look small, and is that an exhaust or a fuel tank? Anyway, I just get the grinder out to cut it all of for the long arm suspension conversion when the time comes. 

I think this car has potential and might be the next big thing in offroad circles.

Daan

JLR lost the court case to Jim Ratcliffe over the defender shape... so Grenadier should be able to get pretty close if they wish. 

He really has built a modern day defender. I wonder if he will be able to resist having a poke at JLR with his marketing ? I wouldn’t !

The best real 4x4 by far ? 
The toughest 4x4 
Built by experts for experts

All those things JLR trade against but no longer do ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hmmmmmm, i'm not sure i like that sloped bonnet or the front bumper although it's difficult to tell with the camo on. The overall feel of it looks good though apart from all the iron mongery hanging down!

4 hours ago, paime said:

hmmmmmm, i'm not sure i like that sloped bonnet or the front bumper although it's difficult to tell with the camo on. The overall feel of it looks good though apart from all the iron mongery hanging down!

I hope some of that is temporary, though the two suspension hangers look permanent.

4 hours ago, paime said:

You will need some sort of slope, just look at the current jeep wrangler offering...

• Like 1

Going to be interesting to see what the final thing really looks like.

And.......

How much it costs.

...not to mention if the thing will be sold outside your island....

They wanted to be sited near a port as they aim for high export sales.

I'm reserving judgement, partly I just don't like the feeling that hiding how it looks is a marketing game of some sort when most manufacturers start with an approximation through a concept car.

There are too many unknowns and I think producing a car in what will have to be limited volume is going to put it straight into the new Defender's price bracket.

Edited by ThreePointFive