How not to transport an L322 RR

Simon_CSK

6 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Well it's a better technique than picking it up with a forklift like the one in the background :lol:

The forklift is at least rated to pick the vehicle up.

The Merc just about bends in two when loading never mind the wheels hitting the bump stops. 

Can you imagine the carnage that would cause? Half way down the M6 after continuous flexing from every bump in the road the chassis finally fails from metal fatiuge. 

Reminds me of a similarly sized Russian recovery truck that was called when Michel's G4 Disco3 broke down on the way to St Pete's. Fully kitted and loaded it must have been close to 3.5 tons. The recovery truck had one of those lowering/tilting beds to make loading easier. But it couldn't get it pulled back up again. So we used the Disco's winch to help it... Once loaded (and properly secured, I must ad), the driver hopped in and we had a hard time keeping up with him on the dark Russian roads. How the truck survived, we'll never know! Michel looked a bit pale after what must have been a memorable ride in the passenger seat. But they did deliver as promised.

Plated a few bump stop areas at the rear of Sprinter cold vans over the years ....

......after removing the assistor bump stops...

I suspect it would be on the limit of the 7.5T tilt bed in the footage too

Steve b

9 hours ago, steve b said:

I suspect it would be on the limit of the 7.5T tilt bed in the footage too

My brother regularly transports vehicles as large as the Range Rover using a Nissan Cabstar. However he uses a trailer for anything over the vehicle's carry capacity. The difference is that unless you know what you are doing the trailer requires a Tacho and an operatory licence for commercial use.

Brother has the Tacho but due to his setup doesn't legally require the Operators licence.

This clown could have used a trailer.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:05 AM, Simon_CSK said:

My brother regularly transports vehicles as large as the Range Rover using a Nissan Cabstar. However he uses a trailer for anything over the vehicle's carry capacity. The difference is that unless you know what you are doing the trailer requires a Tacho and an operatory licence for commercial use.

Brother has the Tacho but due to his setup doesn't legally require the Operators licence.

This clown could have used a trailer.

How does he get round it? I thought it was based on the MAM rather than actual weight?

On 7/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, Blanco said:

Hmmm,... clown + unloaded transporter + loaded trailer..... that doesn't sound like a better combination halfway down the M6! 😮

Who said anything about an unloaded transporter. The combination has a train weight of 7.5t and to use only part of that is a total waste. But you are correct a clown would be a dangerous mix.

5 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

Who said anything about an unloaded transporter.

Well no-one did but the peeps concerned aren't demonstrating high levels of common sense so far. S'all a bit academic anyway as (i presume) we don't know if he has the B+E or anything else, ... it was just the picture that came into my head and it is something you do see.

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Well no-one did but the peeps concerned aren't demonstrating high levels of common sense so far. S'all a bit academic anyway as (i presume) we don't know if he has the B+E or anything else, ... it was just the picture that came into my head and it is something you do see.

I answered you without thinking but I did edit my post when I realised what I had said.

The clown in the video has been in contact and told him to take the video off FB because it made him look an idiot. I don't think he knows that it has been posted by me on here and on youtube. :rofl:

• Haha 1