Has RAVE stopped working?

SPendrey

I haven't used RAVE for a while, a month or two maybe, but it won't open for me today... starts, but no windows appear etc.  Was wondering if recent Microsoft updates to Win 10 have caused a problem?  Anyone else seeing issues?

Confused... it works fine on my Windows 10 Pro system, but not on my Windows 10 Home system.  However, using compatibility mode for Win 98/ME on both the RAVE executable and the PDF reader application, all works again. 🙂

On 7/8/2020 at 5:53 AM, elbekko said:

Yeah, that's what happens. As said, right-click the shortcut, properties, compatibility, select Win 98 from the list, ok, then try again.

It doesn't work properly though, get loads of messages about files and paths missing.

I have never downloaded unlocked versions as I have not needed them. Are they on here somewhere, or has anybody got a link?

1 hour ago, Escape said:

....  at 1.3T it's just too big for me to put on my dropbox.

1.3T?
Do you mean 1.3Gb (Gigabytes)?
I appreciate it isn't as long term as Dropbox, but if you sent it to your email address via WeTransfer you would get an email containing the download code (the file(s) would stay on the server).
This code would be valid for 7 days.

You could then pass the code via PM to those who asked for it; they would use the code to download the files onto their PC.
WeTransfer will accept Folders, so if you have 6 files in the same Folder you just make the appropriate selections when uploading the Folder; you don't have to upload 6 filed separately.

Regards.

I'll get it from him on a USB stick somewhere in the near future and put it on my webhosting with the other ones.

20 hours ago, BogMonster said:

It doesn't work properly though, get loads of messages about files and paths missing.

I have never downloaded unlocked versions as I have not needed them. Are they on here somewhere, or has anybody got a link?

Works fine for me...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

The "extracted" PDF's are just in folders in the RAVE install, they're not locked or anything they've just got somewhat cryptic names - workshop manuals are usually wmln12345 or something, electrical ones start el.... service bulletins are something like ts12345... etc.

But they are also definitely out there on the internet for free too.

19 hours ago, Tobias said:

I have set both rave.exe and AcroRd32.exe to Win98. But no shortcuts...
It doesn't work for me.

Did anyone put the extracted PDFs somewhere?

thanks

Tobias

Hej Tobias,

I just ran RAVE on my computer and it works fine but I do have the unlocked files to. After semester is done and dusted text me so that we can work something out for the files.

MVH,

Todd.

20 hours ago, Tobias said:

I have set both rave.exe and AcroRd32.exe to Win98. But no shortcuts...
It doesn't work for me.

Did anyone put the extracted PDFs somewhere?

thanks

Tobias

Strange, still works fine for me. Do you get the elevated rights popup when trying to open the exe?

No elevated rights popup. I don't know what that is...

FridgeFreezers comment made me try to open the pdfs straight, but that redirects me to Acrobat homepage, presumably because of rader out of date.

Tuko: I'd gladly take you up on that!

Thanks

Tobias

46 minutes ago, Tobias said:

No elevated rights popup. I don't know what that is...

This one:

image.png.b3300d5af305fdf4114022c51ce3969b.png

I think it requires you to approve that once you turn on the compatibility mode, like this in the RAVE.exe settings:

image.png.dbe853f163d64d0375125a8eaf02013c.png

Could be you don't have an administrator account and it doesn't work then? Never tried that...

On 7/27/2021 at 1:49 PM, elbekko said:

This one:

image.png.b3300d5af305fdf4114022c51ce3969b.png

I think it requires you to approve that once you turn on the compatibility mode, like this in the RAVE.exe settings:

image.png.dbe853f163d64d0375125a8eaf02013c.png

Could be you don't have an administrator account and it doesn't work then? Never tried that...

Thanks!

I changed the compatibility and then right clicker rave.exe and chose run as administrator.

This worked!

• Thanks 1