Fuel hose?

SteveG

What’s best for fuel hose - suitable rubber hose, or braided? I see copper too as an option, but having never seen that used before, I’ve dismissed it. However I’m looking for guidance, so any recommendations?

cheers, Steve 

How far do you want to go.... cost and appearance wise 

I try to do as much as possible as hardline, and I favor Aluminium over copper just on price but you really do need proper benders..... nothing worse than bending up a long length and kinking the last bend lol... I have used a bit of Aluminized steel line as well and had no issues... to be honest if I could find this again I'd probably use it again due to it being stronger and better wear resistance 

When I do flexible sections I prefer to use the proper rubber, reinforced Nitrile (sp?) (and I tend to use the one is for higher pressure of EFI systems... it saves getting caught out and having a hose blow because I've used the low pressure carb line on an EFI system) I hate working with the stainless braid (always stab my fingers lol) The main reason why I don't use the stainless over braid line is expense... but as a side note after a bit of use I've noticed it has a tendency to fray and grab you when your working around it

That said I'm going to run some AN fittings on my next two builds as they are sort of getting a bit of show pony treatment.... (doing some research to get the majority of the fittings ex China to try and save some money lol these things are silly expensive compared to normal hose)

One other thing if you use rubber line consider your hose clamps.... for my stuff I only use "bolt" style bango clamps not the "screw" clamps. Another clamp I hate is the Jappers use these folded wire bolt clamps, the clamp cuts into the hose over time 

How far do you want to go.... cost and appearance wise 

I try to do as much as possible as hardline, and I favor Aluminium over copper just on price but you really do need proper benders..... nothing worse than bending up a long length and kinking the last bend lol... I have used a bit of Aluminized steel line as well and had no issues... to be honest if I could find this again I'd probably use it again due to it being stronger and better wear resistance 

When I do flexible sections I prefer to use the proper rubber, reinforced Nitrile (sp?) (and I tend to use the one is for higher pressure of EFI systems... it saves getting caught out and having a hose blow because I've used the low pressure carb line on an EFI system) I hate working with the stainless braid (always stab my fingers lol) The main reason why I don't use the stainless over braid line is expense... but as a side note after a bit of use I've noticed it has a tendency to fray and grab you when your working around it

That said I'm going to run some AN fittings on my next two builds as they are sort of getting a bit of show pony treatment.... (doing some research to get the majority of the fittings ex China to try and save some money lol these things are silly expensive compared to normal hose)

One other thing if you use rubber line consider your hose clamps.... for my stuff I only use "bolt" style bango clamps not the "screw" clamps. Another clamp I hate is the Jappers use these folded wire bolt clamps, the clamp cuts into the hose over time 

Thanks for the reply, I just have the tools for brake lines, so I think I’ll go for best flexible hose, and yes I was planning to buy the SS clamp style rather than jubilee clips based on previous advice I’d seen so thanks for recommending them too.

cheers 👍