Any other new 4 wheel drives in the pipeline ?

Mo Murphy

• 2 weeks later...

Within 5 months, you're no longer ruled by the EU.

So, UK can get all vehicles they want.

Interesting to see how it goes.

You'll make your own rules.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 11:38 PM, Lightning said:

Suzuki have now stated that they are pulling all their IC engined cars from the UK and are only going to sell hybrid models.

I guess the joke here is. The Suzuki hybrids just have a special alternator and small battery. Basically the alternator charges up a smallish li-ion battery pack and can double up as a motor to assist the engine. The Ignis has such a system, the motor only produces 2.3hp and 22lb-ft. Such hybrids cannot drive on electric power alone.

I really struggle to see how much of a difference such a setup as this makes. And no idea why Suzuki couldn't be bothered to fit it to the Jimny, it would have been easy, even as a retrofit.

Just now, Arjan said:

non EU compliance

Interesting you say that, must the press over there stirring the pot a little, over here, they are lauding improved workers rights, food standards etc over what the EU have set up.

Still, we saved ourselves from contributing to the EU Covid rescue fund.... So far, quids in ;)

• Like 2

Continent goes this way, UK can decide where they want to go.

I'm not getting into the whole Brexit thing.

Totally not interesting - just work

Not better, not worse.

Just a different way.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

That Classic is a truly beautiful thing

Horrid. I really like that. The farmer variant looks like a total triumph of function over form.

Zero design, all engineering.

I really like it.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 5:24 PM, Gazzar said:

Horrid. I really like that. The farmer variant looks like a total triumph of function over form.

Zero design, all engineering.

I really like it.

The Russian's call it the 'Loaf' or the 'Pill' and the double cab pick up the 'Tadpole'

I'm liking their sense of style

On 7/28/2020 at 3:41 PM, Arjan said:

Don't see why not - UK sees to be heading for total "non EU compliance"

So, if UK thinks it's good for UK......

The EU is a protection racket that only benefits the politicians and big multinational companies, but screws the smaller businesses and population.  I can’t understand why anyone would favour it as it is.  It could have been so much better if not for the rampant corruption.  Having national and regional governments is bent and expensive enough, but adding a third tier above that is nuts.  But I can understand your perspective, Arjan, as the EU treats France a great deal better and gives it a lot more benefits than it does the UK.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I would never trust it.  India is absolutely rampant with corruption, a great deal of their professionals having bought qualifications so are not competent in their posts, and the authorities are easily bribed, so testing (of staff and products alike) means nothing.  Remember the Pakistani fake pilots issue that surfaced a few months ago, saying that about 400 of their pilots have fake licences?  The Indian authorities are investigating 4000 Indian pilot licences...  Take a look at what goes on with their big businesses and you’ll see one case of fraud after another.  There’s a reason they have so many malls, factories and towers collapse, and it’s no coincidence that it’s in India that Gates’ vaccination programme seems to have ended up with fake vaccines causing a lot of suffering.

It looks decent, for a new car, the obvious lovechild of the G-wagon and (old) Defender. But from a quick browse through the specs seems I conclude it's inferior to the (old) Defender in pretty much every respect, apart from emissions. And price, but that might be offset by Indian engineering/manufacturing...

• 5 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, Chicken Drumstick said:

I guess the joke here is. The Suzuki hybrids just have a special alternator and small battery. Basically the alternator charges up a smallish li-ion battery pack and can double up as a motor to assist the engine. The Ignis has such a system, the motor only produces 2.3hp and 22lb-ft. Such hybrids cannot drive on electric power alone.

I really struggle to see how much of a difference such a setup as this makes. And no idea why Suzuki couldn't be bothered to fit it to the Jimny, it would have been easy, even as a retrofit.

Yes l drove one last week! The battery doesn't really do much, it must be small as a descent of a couple of miles fully charges it!!

l imagine it's there mainly to get past emissions. Trying hard l managed 65mpg, about the same as our VW Up GTi did if you took the same care driving it economically.