Interior Options Besides Carpet

Anyone have a word of advice on older 80s 90 interiors? Right now the entire load bay, sides, and roof are bare metal after ripping out the nasty carpet that was glued on when I bought it. Seen a ton of other videos that lay down carpet and headliner etc, but I quite like the look of the old series style where its just bare metal. Anyone else have experience? was thinking to rip everything out and repaint all the metal on the inside to clean everything up. Would it be unbearably loud? Also been thinking per my last post to stick head shielding on the underside of many of the cab panels, im sure could help with sound deadening as well. 

Cheers,

CK

10mm or plus rubber stable mat (channel groves on one side, bobbles on the other side type matting)....

Comes in large sheet 4'x6 or 8' then cut to size, helps with noise reduction and easy to clean never rots!....

Only down side is some people don't like the smell when it's new but that soon fades after a bit of time.

Had the same piece in mine for over 10yrs. and still as good as the day i put it in ;)

My 90 soft-top is bare metal inside (owned 21yrs) as were my 101FC & S3 SWB V8. In short, my 30+ years of LR ownership have always been without soundproofing or carpets and I wouldn't have it any other way. Noise is not a problem (although a hardtop may drum a little) and neither is rust / corrosion as there is nowhere for moisture to get trapped. When it is time to clean it out then a hose and a brush is all that is required. Of course condensation may be a problem on a hardtop but do you have cold winters over there?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 10:38 PM, Litch said:

My 90 soft-top is bare metal inside (owned 21yrs) as were my 101FC & S3 SWB V8. In short, my 30+ years of LR ownership have always been without soundproofing or carpets and I wouldn't have it any other way. Noise is not a problem (although a hardtop may drum a little) and neither is rust / corrosion as there is nowhere for moisture to get trapped. When it is time to clean it out then a hose and a brush is all that is required. Of course condensation may be a problem on a hardtop but do you have cold winters over there?

Cold but nothing crazy. Might try to go this way for a more bare bones, military vibe