Don’t forget that galvanising works electrically.  When the steel tries to rust, the zinc gives up ions or electrons (not sure which) and oxidises instead.  The maritime industry bolt big blocks of zinc to hulls and oil rig structures - they don’t coat the whole vessel or structure.  A screw hole will not rust away.  But a dollop of grease or waxoil in the hole before fitting the screw will help preserve it even better.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, landroversforever said:

You can get stick on ones, but I’ve never found anything that sticks on actually stay permanently attached. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about drilling, using something like a stainless tek screw with some copper grease shouldn’t cause any issues. 

I used some stainless hex head tek screws & stainless rubber lined P clips to hold the brake pipes. 

9 hours ago, western said:

I used some stainless hex head tek screws & stainless rubber lined P clips to hold the brake pipes. 

Plastic clips or rubber lined stainless are great.  I’m wary of unlined metal clips on copper or cunifer pipes, not only because of fretting and wear, but bimetallic corrosion. 

36 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Why don't you want to drill the chassis?

Rust, rust and more rust! I've never had a good experience with coatings and bare steel in the past and the last thing I want to do is introduce the prospect of the chassis starting to rust prematurely. 

Your galvanised chassis already has threaded sockets on it, quite a few.  These have been drilled after galvanising, or if drilled before, then they have been re-tapped afterwards to remove the zinc that fouls the thread, and they are just bare steel.  So, drilling a few additional holes for mounting pipe brackets is not going to significantly impact your chassis life, especially if protection measures above are taken.

Mike