Front 11inch brake pipes

Bob Bellamy

Im having trouble with front brake pipes on my series 3landrover.when trying to connect bottom pipe to cylinder the bottom is to tight to get in so i have  moved back plate around 1 bolt hole to make easier will this be a problem as cylinders are now 2 clock and 8 oclock thans

It is tight against the steering arm mount , fitting the pipes with the back plate off is the easiest . I've re-done the pipes before to take the feed into the bottom and re-position the bleed nipple to the top - easier to bleed . 

To answer your question , assuming you can bleed successfully the brake operation will be no different . 

Some pictures of it and the truck would be nice 

cheers

Steve b 

Moving the backplate round 1 hole is common, it also make bleeding them much easier.  I am fortunate though I didnt need to do it on mine but I did fit the cylinders pipes and shoes on the bench before fitting on the land rover.  Oh and I also filled the cylinders with brake fluid whilst on the bench.  Small ratchet strap round the shoes to keep in place and I bled the brakes before fitting the drums.

Peter

• 4 months later...

I plan to rotate my 11 inch brakes one hole, too.  I needed to buy new brake fittings and some 3/16 inch brake line.  I made new metal brake lines and bubble flared the new lines.  Hope to have it back together this week. Good luck!