defender tub on Disco cab conversion

There used to be a disco 1 in the club that had a 90 rear tub. It made it into an interesting pick up, it was nicely done but did look a little odd (certainly wasn't ugly though). I assume they chopped the chassis and fitted a 90 rear crossmember. I don't recall how it transitioned between disco front and 90 rear.

Mike

the defender tub is too narrow and IMHO looks terrible on a disco.

A hi cap tub might be better or a flatbed. if you are using it for work you can't carry much weight before the balance is a little off with such overhang.

• Like 1

+1 on the tub being too narrow. They just look really odd on a Disco. Have seen pics on the web. Hi-cap tub or something fitting the side profiling of the Disco would look a lot better IMO.

Can only find this pic at the moment, but it's the rear 3/4 view or rear view that looks the most wrong, as the bed is way narrower (note how it steps in at the back of the door). 

post-15513-0-08424200-1331227763_thumb.j

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 11:29 AM, Chicken Drumstick said:

+1 on the tub being too narrow. They just look really odd on a Disco. Have seen pics on the web. Hi-cap tub or something fitting the side profiling of the Disco would look a lot better IMO.

Can only find this pic at the moment, but it's the rear 3/4 view or rear view that looks the most wrong, as the bed is way narrower (note how it steps in at the back of the door). 

post-15513-0-08424200-1331227763_thumb.j

Thats my disco that i put tub on after an accident, plan was to make a roll cage to sit in behind the doors.  I cut rear crossmember off and fitted a 90 crossmember. 
I then sold it and new owner painted it all 1 colour

EFBCDC10-4BAE-46C2-A0F4-F3F73A61B716.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 5:58 PM, steve200TDi said:

And that is Mannington! Is it with the Shire LRC. I know exactly where that bit is ....right down the bottom, quite dug out for some axle twisting!

Steve

Yes i believe so. That was with its new owner brett