Roamerdrive in TD5

Wotty

Isn't that DA9017 reference a Britpart code? If it is I guess that means they are the distributor, and probably supplying most of the UK (and maybe further) market. I would have thought that would mean the price isn't going to vary enormously between vendor.

7 hours ago, Peaklander said:

The Roamerdrive is 28% and I think that the Fairy is the same. So no difference. 

Also correct.  HRTC (for Cornish’ benefit) is 32% and 3.54 diffs give 35% (low range too, obviously, with a speedo calibration error to boot).  HRTC and diffs will eventually break the gear box, Overdrive and diffs will be ok for the box as long as you only use the overdrive in fourth gear or in low range.

23 hours ago, Snagger said:

Also correct.  HRTC (for Cornish’ benefit) is 32% and 3.54 diffs give 35% (low range too, obviously, with a speedo calibration error to boot).  HRTC and diffs will eventually break the gear box, Overdrive and diffs will be ok for the box as long as you only use the overdrive in fourth gear or in low range.

Yeah I have already tried swapping back to a std diff but for town work it's still to high as 1st is like 1st with o/d even though I don't have o/d but at the mo 1st is like 2nd so I've lost 1st all together but 4th is really good for Mway as the rev's are right down and will do well over 90 but don't want to be doing them speeds really, would rather prefer getting 1st gear back and the cruising speed lowered :(:)