v8 3.9 tune table maps

FishBon

Hi  guys.    

Could somebody  send    VE  and    spark table  maps   

The  engine  is  from  Discovery  I    and   auto transmittion  ZF

V8  3.9  L     (compression  is  8,13:1)

the  injectors  is     deka 1d zmz 6354   

it's  defender  build  to  sport  (trophy   TR-2)

there are  some  pictures  of  manager  and  wire  shema

Now    the  engine  start after   8-12 sec.       and   there is  low  power  until    2800 rpm,   yeasterday   it's  make  0-80km/h    about  12,5 sec

manager1.png

manager2.png

manager3.png

v8 shema.jpg

Hi    Fridge   

i think  that  Secu3t   it's  light  clone  of  megasquirt       

U don't  need  to  study  it    (sorry for   bad  english)  

I  just  need  help   to   know     that  i   use    correct   VE  and  Ignition maps   or   not     for    this  engine  (v8  efi 3.9 L)  

There  is      foto   from     Ladoga  2015   

P6060881-44d392a52a.jpg

there  is   from  Ladoga  2016 

DSC_4641.jpg

and     here is     video       15/08/2020

• Like 1

Do you run coil packs or keep the distributor?

Is your fuel/spark map one that you know is for a Rover V8 or is it just some default map?

It should not take 10 seconds to start, so you need to look at the reason for that - is it ignition pick-up, cranking fuel/advance, etc.

There is a big thread by @Hybrid_From_Hell on here somewhere that takes you through the process of setting up a Megasquirt install.

Hi,     there are coil packs        (wasted spark)  and  ckp  sensor   (the wheel  is  36-1)

the    spark  and  fuel  maps   i  found    in   internet  (i   think  that   it  should  be  for   my   motor?  but  i'm  not  sure)

there   are   for    3.9  and  for   4.0  V8      that  i  found

afr1.jpg

ign_stock.jpg

ve1.jpg

Has the car run OK before or is this a new install?

If it's new - you need to make sure the timing is right (trigger wheel trim value), and as you seem to have changed injectors you will need to re-scale your REQ_FUEL value to account for the different flow rate.

Hi  again  

before   was   CUX14   and   distributor      (motor  work very poor and   low  power  until  3500 rpm)

the  injectors   is  new  and  fuel pressure adjuster  change  to  3 bar    

the flow rate  of  injectors  is    205 cc/min    

the upper dead   center  of  1 piston   is  on  8  tooth

How can  i  rescale    VE   and  ignition  map  for    V8  3.9 ?

You need to understand how the SYSTEM works - all we can do here is guess that it's mostly similar to megasquirt.

Telling us where your crank sensor is doesn't help - you need to make sure that the values in the ECU are correct when the engine is running - if the ECU sets 10deg timing, does the engine show 10deg timing using a strobe light?

A fuel map is only a table of corrections, it means nothing without the ECU knowing the engine & injector characteristics.

If all of your ECU settings came from a SECU-3 install running on the same engine (3.9 V8) with the same injectors then it should be good (maybe not perfect, but certainly good).

If you just picked up a fuel map without any of the settings to go with it then it's just guessing.

The original 3.9 injectors are 191.8 cc/min so if yours are 205cc/min you would (on megasquirt) scale the REQ_FUEL value down to make the map "correct" again, there is a tool in the software that does this for you, or you can use maths ;)

If your engine has other problems causing it to run badly then you must fix those before you try to tune anything or you are just wasting time.

You need to get the BASIC settings (ignition timing, base fuelling (REQ_FUEL)) correct before you try to change "fine tuning" things like injector dead-time - that stuff is the last 1% and you should not change 100 different things until the basic ones are good, it only causes confusion.

You did not answer the questions about checking the BASIC settings are correct, it is very hard to help you if you cannot confirm the basic steps first.

The fact it is very hard to start and has no power suggests there is something more than just a poor fuel map - I believe the fuel & ignition maps are not used for starting... in megasquirt.

Do you get no support from the manufacturer or any other users of the system? Because as it is a copy/clone of megasquirt we don't know 100% how it works, we can only assume it's similar to megasquirt but we could be completely wrong.

• 1 year later...

on megasquirt a quick and dirty way of getting in the right ballpark (assuming everything said above) is to run the VE table tuning whilsst your driving the vehicle assuming you have a o2 sensor. It should put it into the right ball park... it not magic though and if there are just underlying issues it will mask them.