Wheel nuts welded on

Simon_CSK

50 minutes ago, Maverik said:

I've had some stainless cap nuts on my truck for a few years now, not had any problems with them, quality machine finish thread, some copper slip and make sure the studs are clean before reinstalling have kept them right.

Interesting 

However I have replaced them with steel ones for two reasons the first being the galling and the second being the colour. I am getting my wheels powder coated gunmetal and the car is Black so silver wheel nuts would be just plain odd.

21 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

Interesting 

However I have replaced them with steel ones for two reasons the first being the galling and the second being the colour. I am getting my wheels powder coated gunmetal and the car is Black so silver wheel nuts would be just plain odd.

I got fed up of the orange rust streaks on my white wheels.

20200204_164431_resized.jpg

12 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

I have a posh Range Rover so certainly don't want any dirt on them :rofl:

Yeah OK that does sound a bit urmm snooty... kinda galls me when you go to a lot of trouble and then something like rusty wheels nuts makes it looks rough as fluff. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Maverik said:

Yeah OK that does sound a bit urmm snooty... kinda galls me when you go to a lot of trouble and then something like rusty wheels nuts makes it looks rough as fluff. :ph34r:

It was meant to sound snooty but with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.

8 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

It was meant to sound snooty but with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.

😁 unfortunately my truck falls well within the snoot category these days with matching stainless door hinges too🤪

Stainless used in the right context in the right way can be hugely effective.