Major Forum Software upgrade

Hi,

Just noticed a feature that I really like which I assume is a new one as I have not noticed it before??? It may be I 've been off the forum too long to notice or just unobservent?

When an old thread is resurrected and there ia a gap of maybe 6 months or more a banner shows the end/start, This makes the thread much more understandable as in the past I have had to go through the posts to work out what happened?

image.thumb.png.68cbae740f198f8262c85dda6bba5120.png

• Like 1

Probably going to get lost in the noise but ...

I recall, perhaps from before the logo competition, a discussion about a descriptive tag line.

I thought the winner was something along the lines of 'Shared ideas, independent minds'.
Perhaps it wasn't a 'winner' just the one I thought most appropriate, reflecting a common interest in the technicalities while recognising that, whatever the problem, issue, or opportunity, different people were justified in making different choices.

Was there even talk of logoed shirts, vehicle stickers, etc?

Anyway, I'd like to see the tag line, and there seems to be space in the banner to the right of the logo.
(That said, I don't view the forum on anything but a PC, certainly not a mobile phone).

Regards.

Later, found a related topic, from 2015. Warning, it develops over 3 pages!!
I see I misremembered, the wording was Independant Minds, Shared Ideas.

5 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

Probably going to get lost in the noise but ...

I recall, perhaps from before the logo competition, a discussion about a descriptive tag line.

I thought the winner was something along the lines of 'Shared ideas, independent minds'.
Perhaps it wasn't a 'winner' just the one I thought most appropriate, reflecting a common interest in the technicalities while recognising that, whatever the problem, issue, or opportunity, different people were justified in making different choices.

Was there even talk of logoed shirts, vehicle stickers, etc?

Anyway, I'd like to see the tag line, and there seems to be space in the banner to the right of the logo.
(That said, I don't view the forum on anything but a PC, certainly not a mobile phone).

Regards.

There was. It was ‘Independent Minds - shared ideas’ there was a run of stickers done as I had a couple on my truck. I don’t remember if it was on the front page or not in the end before the update. 

3 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

There was. It was ‘Independent Minds - shared ideas’ there was a run of stickers done as I had a couple on my truck. I don’t remember if it was on the front page or not in the end before the update. 

Correction noted.
I don't think it was on the front page, but I didn't bring it up before as the Admin people seemed to be busy.
I mentioned it now as people are obviously re-focussed on the appearance.

I see there was even a Poll.

Regards.

I'm finding the move of the "Mark Forum Read" link to the bottom a bit of a mixed blessing. It was always a bit of a pain having to scroll back to the top when I'd scrolled down and decided I wasn't interested in any of the remaining unread topics - but now it's only at the bottom it's just as much of a pain if there are only a small number of unread topics at the top or if I've returned from reading the last topic I want specifically to mark the rest read... It'd be much better both top and bottom - but that'll mean modifying the a template which'll then have to be checked every time the software is upgraded in case there are changes that need copying from the standard template.

Dead right Geoff !
we have had a major update , followed by 2 x more updates.

ANY custom work has to be redone each time as there is it seems a move to a more unified invision look, partly due to peeps altering things and either causing chases / therefore work for them, or security loopholes...

I am seeing what we can do on the right hand side bar, see whats comes of it ...

• Like 1

Thank you for picking this up.

Looking back to the entries for The Poll

It is probably just a typo, but 'ideas' had a captal I (Shared Ideas)
I also see some Poll suggestions included the words 'The Technical Forum for Land Rovers', and I think it worthwhile to try and include those.

To avoid a single line of text stretching across the page, I wonder if both 'word tags' could be built into a single Image than would sit nicely alongside the logo, thus

The Technical Forum for Land Rovers
Independent Minds - Shared Ideas

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

Thank you for picking this up.

Looking back to the entries for The Poll

It is probably just a typo, but 'ideas' had a captal I (Shared Ideas)
I also see some Poll suggestions included the words 'The Technical Forum for Land Rovers', and I think it worthwhile to try and include those.

To avoid a single line of text stretching across the page, I wonder if both 'word tags' could be built into a single Image than would sit nicely alongside the logo, thus

The Technical Forum for Land Rovers
Independent Minds - Shared Ideas

Regards.

For the PC browser version the long sentence is fine to me but is it different on the mobile version?