Serious Battery Recommendations !

On 9/5/2020 at 8:10 AM, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

Its more the time it takes to crank / prime and fire up, its a weird engine !

Do you have a priming pulse set up, because that will run the fuel pump and squirt a blob of fuel in to prime it the moment you turn the ignition on... can't do much about how long it takes to spin over a 5.6 litre V8 at 14:1 compression but I'd hope the fuel side would be "primed" and firing within half a turn.

The ECU does need to see the crank trigger wheel's missing tooth go past as an index point, so that's one complete turn (at worst case) before it makes any sparks.

Maybe a bit late, but I fitted an AGM battery to mine based on other threads on here a while back:

019 Enduroline AGM Start Stop Car Battery 95Ah - https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/019-agm/

The 019 fits into the 110 under seat battery tray pretty much perfectly (although I think the floor has been altered at some point in the 110's past). 

I went AGM as apparently they cope with being sat for a while and discharging better than a normal battery, 850 CCA seemed high enough and it actually worked out cheaper than the equivalent non AGM size. They are also sealed so no worries about leakage should I end up upside down!

It spins over my Thor 4.6 with no issues at all. Been playing with the priming pulses and it will start from cold within half a second... 

12 minutes ago, =jon= said:

It spins over my Thor 4.6 with no issues at all. Been playing with the priming pulses and it will start from cold within half a second... 

Care to share your settings as cold start etc. is tricky to tune so the more info we have the better.

1 minute ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Care to share your settings as cold start etc. is tricky to tune so the more info we have the better.

Once it's a bit better setup I'd be happy to - at the moment it's still a work in progress trying to work through all of the niggles, and I've not been able to do any 'proper' cold start testing as the weather hasn't got cold enough yet!