Automatically different! AJ16???

You're lucky. My experience of the Jaguar community is that their answer to every forum post is booking it into the dealer (XF) or wild guessing and then booking it into the independent (XK8). Actually getting out any form of tool (yes, even a tape measure) is really quite unusual. It's like the opposite of LR4X4.

I love all things Jaguar so hope you'll be posting the build!

17 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

You're lucky. My experience of the Jaguar community is that their answer to every forum post is booking it into the dealer (XF)

Turns out the forum was mainly USA based, and yes there was a bit of      "... well there must be loads of room in a Range Rover, why do you want a measurement.."

17 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

I love all things Jaguar so hope you'll be posting the build!

I will, but unfortunately my caution has resulted in missing the 'local' breaker car, ... I'll have to wait for another to come up,.... beginning to realise there are many more 3.2's out there as opposed to the 4.0 litre which is the one that really appeals.

17 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Getting the supercharged option?

I think not, .... I can get the torque I am looking for without (in the 4.0) and a few of the Jag boys do say that the thrill of the scream wears off, and spoils the 'Grace' of the 'Pace', to paraphrase the old advert.