Advice needed

dirtydiesel

I am planning on taking my 2dr rangy on a 8 day light greenlaning trip to russia in june.

To facilitate it's survival i have purchased a set of ome +2" hd springs for it.

But i don't really know what shocks to use.

Traditional thought would dictate that i use ome's to go with the springs

Other options would be bilstiens, milners varidamps or frogs island's shocks (i've heard some good reports)

Any body got any other sugestions or good/bad experiances of the above.

I am planning on taking my 2dr rangy on a 8 day light greenlaning trip to russia in june.

To facilitate it's survival i have purchased a set of ome +2" hd springs for it.

But i don't really know what shocks to use.

Traditional thought would dictate that i use ome's to go with the springs

Other options would be bilstiens, milners varidamps or frogs island's shocks (i've heard some good reports)

Any body got any other sugestions or good/bad experiances of the above.

If its any help my OME shocks have lasted well and gave good performance.

The Terra Ferma stuff from Frogs Island (re-branded Dobbinsons) is very good and well priced.

Do you know JJ at Frogs?

I have just replaced the shocks and springs on my 90

Opted for the same springs as you and bought the Super Gaz shocks from Britpart. Only been on a month but I'm very pleased with them

They have taken some stick out in the desert and hold up very well, the set up works very well when the truck is loaded up, bit of a bone shacker when its empty though

Jason

Ok my vote goes to OME and that is from abuseing a set which have not shown any signs of hassle or abuse.

We did 26,000 miles around aus alot of it on gravel tracks and alot off road driving. The 90 was loaded up with 120 ltrs of diesel, 25 ltrs of water , fridge (full of food and drinks.) personal clothsm, lots and lots of spare parts and the two of us. Then to top it all of we were draggin a camper trailer with 135 ltrs of water, 50 ltrs of diesel, more tools and parts , oils for the car. plus our camping stuff and everything else. This made the trailer weigh just over a ton.

The soprings and shocks were fitted by ARB before we left as the 90 had standard springs on it before which were a little past the best before date :rolleyes:

When we got back i sent the 90 in to ARB for their free spring and shock test and found that the shocks had not sagged a mm and the shocks were fine and not leaking or damaged at (even if they are not the shiny yellow they once were. :) )

Here is the 90 and trailer

at%20the%20top.jpg

and the tracks we had to drive along. This one was 1100miles long and all of it like this

Track.jpg

So all in all i am very pleased with OME and will put them on my next truck