200Tdi workshop manual

Tetsu0san

Hi all

I'm just getting my 2 door 200Tdi Discovery ready for MOT tomorrow and I'm having a few issues with the immobiliser etc. I've replaced the fusable links in the engine bay with a 300Tdi fuse box, and generally most things are working as they should, but I still have some issues with the immobiliser and the alarm going off whenever it wants, as well as the central locking messing around and the windows not working occasionally etc. I'm in the process of bypassing the immobiliser so it'll start every time and I got a diagram from a forum of the immobiliser/alarm wiring from the workshop manual, but there is no colour code so that makes it a bit of a pain.

I know most of my problems are going to be either a corroded feed, corroded earth, or a combination of the two which is why I put in the fuse box in the engine bay. I'm keen to get it all working keeping at original as I can and don't really want to botch it by runnings new wires all over the place so having a proper workshop manual would be really handy.

So after all that rambling does anyone know of a place I can download the entire workshop manual that includes the 200Tdi's? I've got various Haynes manuals and I've got Rave, but Rave doesn't cover the 200Tdi and Haynes doesn't really cover anything important.

I've attached the alarm diagram which I belive is from the workshop manual, so you know what I'm on about.

Cheers

93D3B24A-E428-4EFA-B2E0-683D2134AEDC.png

That's what "colour codes" are meaning, each letter is a colour code and when two codes are together(or 3 if one is ''light") the first is the main colour and the second is the trace, the list is shown in all LR electrical troubleshooting manuals/ electrical libraries and the codes are on all the diagrams

Wire colour codes.jpg

Edited by sierrafery

1 minute ago, sierrafery said:

That's what "colour codes" are meaning, each letter is a colour code and when two codes are together the first is the main colour and the second is the trace, the list is shown in all LR electrical troubleshooting manuals/ electrical library

Wire colour codes.jpg

I get all that, but without a legend to tie the letters to a colour the diagram is not very helpful. Fortunately the colour chart you've just kindly provided is what I was missing.

If the colour codes are the same as the Haynes then that's my fault for not putting two and two together, but I'd rather use the chart for the actual diagram rather than making a guess based on what it could be from another diagram.

2 minutes ago, sierrafery said:

You can use that chart without fear cos they are the same for all... it should be hidden somewhere in Haynes manual too but maybe not visible enough

The chart they use in a Haynes is pretty much on every wiring page as far as I can see. I just didn't think they'd use the same legend as the official Land Rover document. Again my fault for not looking, but being in the line of work I am in you never take anything like this as a given.