Oil everywhere

Robo25

Hi I'm new to the site and landrover and am after some advice/opinions please.
Just bought freelander td4 04 as a bit of project.runs great but a little smokey.had oil in exhaust so after reading up on here came to the conclusion it's the turbo
So striped piping,intercooler etc and clean.crank case breather original and clogged.but no play in the turbo that I can see,but rocker gasket leaking and glowplug/injector (not sure what its called)soaked in oil and coked up.
So can i ask would the crank case breather being blocked cause this and the turbo may be ok as no play in the shaft of the turbo or is it something I've missed.
Any advice appreciated.

A blocked crankcase breather would be enough to send oil everywhere it is not wanted. Your turbo may be OK, but if the oil seals are shot you will still get oil in the induction system. 

Once you have cleaned it up, does it run OK and is the oil consumption reasonable? If so, you have solved the issue. Eventually you will need a turbo but if it works, don't fix it.