Trying to identify origins of my main loom!

Rustyv8

Hi guys,

This might be more appropriate in the Military forum, but figured id start here as there is probably a bigger audience.  My (long) rebuild is basically complete apart from all the wiring (so, ah, no, not really complete). Its a 1986 90 with a transplanted 3.5 carbed V8 from a RRC.

Not 100% sure, but I believe my main loom came from a 1991 v8 110 snatch vehicle.  So a few questions, sorry to pile them all into a single thread!!!:

1) Attached is a pic of some additional connectors which seem to be surplus to my requirements behind the cigarette lighter panel.  I'm assuming those were probably connectors for the 6way convoy lights switch - is that correct?

2) If that is the case, can they be left as is, or are they needed to be 'rigged' in some way in order to complete the circuit for hazards/indicators to function? (at the moment i'm not getting any positive feed to those, and suspect this is related to the 6way wires )

3) Ive attached also a pic of the fuse box which I think was the same for a 300tdi and a v8?.  If yes and this was from a 110 V8, does anyone happen to have a fuse layout diagram or a part number for the correct decal for future reference? Have tried and cannot find...

4) Were military looms wired for both diesel and petrol variants? I also seem to have wiring for glow plugs in the loom (again not needed). Just figured the MoD had 1 loom made which fitted various vehicles....

Appreciate any help anyone can offer....

IMG-2341.jpg

IMG-2340.jpg

I don't think I have seen one with any multiway connectors like that in the radio area, are you sure that is where they should be? as the loom does have similar connectors on the other side of the bulkhead in the engine bay which run out through the circular grommet in the middle of the bulkhead. 

I also cannot imagine why there would be a handbrake cable in the centre, I would expect that in the dash pod to connect up to the warning light in the instrument cluster

@ MikeD: Yip, seems I do indeed have a Military loom - and the connectors in the centre are mainly for the 6way Convoy witches.  I got some assistance over on the Military vehicle forum to confirm this.... big thanks again to Dave over there for the info and the manuals confirming the above.

The needed engine side connectors all do seem to be present on the engine side of the bulkhead.... However I did have the same thought on the handbrake cable 🙂 But I suspect the connecting wire over to the dash pod is just missing and ill have to run one over ......(there was a LOT missing 🙂 )

... first time doing anything like this, so still figuring stuff out... stay tuned for other daft questions coming from me in other threads! 🙂