Ewan & Charlie are back - on electric bikes

FridgeFreezer

Love them or hate them I thought this would interest a few people;

I notice Ewan & Charlie are back with "Long Way Up", doing it on electric Harleys with two electric Rivian pickups as support, in this interview he mentions the range of the bikes is either ~75 miles or ~150 miles compared to the 300+ they get on the (far too big anyway) ICE ones and they're having to re-charge them from the Rivians as well as the fact (only briefly touched on) that someone installed charging points every 100 miles along the route :blink:

Will certainly be interesting to see (a little bit) of the reality of overlanding with EV's, even if they are inevitably doing it with a huge budget, sponsors, and a support crew. :rolleyes:

Looks like they are releasing the episodes over the next few weeks, so make sure you time your free trials appropriately! ;)

We watched the first three (only three are out so far) last night - seems good so far!

Interesting with the amount of help they are getting from Harley and Rivian - especially the latter where they have the first two prototype trucks ever built! It does seem that they aren't holding back on the technical challenges either - when there's problems with the bikes they are highlighting them rather than it just being glossed over.. 

20 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Yes, been looking forward to this, though you have to get a trial for Apple TV in order to do so 

Safe to say I won't be subscribing long term!

I just use the site with the jolly roger on, Apple have more than enough money already and the whole drive to make you subscribe to 10 different streaming services irks me greatly.

Incidentally, for those who enjoy these things but would rather a slightly less "moneyed" version check out Mondo Enduro / Mondo Sahara / Terra Circa with Austin Vince et al., a group of British lads with no money doing it on cheap bikes with no backup and no clue.

5 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Incidentally, for those who enjoy these things but would rather a slightly less "moneyed" version check out Mondo Enduro / Mondo Sahara / Terra Circa with Austin Vince et al., a group of British lads with no money doing it on cheap bikes with no backup and no clue.

I will second this I have both and they are by far the best overlanding videos. These guys prove you don't need all the toy just a bit of ingenuity. 

I will probably end up waiting for the long way up to come out on dvd. As I flatly refused to have 10 different subscriptions and can't be bothered/not sure I'm capable of a work round.

Mike