200tdi overheating but no heating ??

Think it’s sorted Mo. Pretty sure it’s the gauge that’s faulty.
I did drain it all and re fill. 
cold air through heaters was an embarrassing mistake. I had both switches (temp and direction) push upwards. “Cold” 😂 ... in my defence I hadn’t stuck the new sticker onto my raptor binnacle so was going by memory 

As always I appreciate all input.

It’s because of the knowledge of members/owners, a vast majority of the time on this site that we are able to keep these great vehicles running .

well done all 👍🍺🍺

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, Chambo110 said:

Think it’s sorted Mo. Pretty sure it’s the gauge that’s faulty.
I did drain it all and re fill. 
cold air through heaters was an embarrassing mistake. I had both switches (temp and direction) push upwards. “Cold” 😂 ... in my defence I hadn’t stuck the new sticker onto my raptor binnacle so was going by memory 

As always I appreciate all input.

It’s because of the knowledge of members/owners, a vast majority of the time on this site that we are able to keep these great vehicles running .

well done all 👍🍺🍺

The same mistake is easy to make in SIIIs too - the colour coding is on the lever knob itself, and rubs off quickly in use, so you lose all the labelling for temperature, direction, and even which lever is which!

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, Snagger said:

The same mistake is easy to make in SIIIs too - the colour coding is on the lever knob itself, and rubs off quickly in use, so you lose all the labelling for temperature, direction, and even which lever is which!

Glad I’m not the only one.

Sitting outside the range at the minute waiting for the wife who’s spending my hard earned on carp. 

I’ve spotted a Halfords and thinking what do I need ???

All I can think of is antifreeze... 

what antifreeze should I be putting back in and how much please 

Ps .. please be quick before she returns 😂

thanks 

• Like 1

when its up & running nicely heated up on a drive you should be looking at a full warmed working temp between 88 to 95 degrees, the thermostat is a 88 degree one. around 88 if the temp gauge is a good match you should see the stat open at 88 & the temp will go up a bit,

• 3 weeks later...

That would work, I may have one in my garage don't click buy it now just yet 

PM your post address & I'll send this item but without the attached sender, I had the 300tdi green sender to drive my old temp gauge, then I swapped it out for the VDO temp gauge  sender as in my photo's above.

IMG_20201024_223721.jpg

Edited by western