CCV 80” 4 Link

On 10/7/2020 at 7:47 AM, RedLineMike said:

https://www.racpartsltd.co.uk/product-page/front-1-link

although its worth keeping in mind the large amount of forces being put into that cross member

if you were to 3 link it, theres not really any kits available off the shelf as such these days, they do come up 2nd hand occasionally,

It looks very clean. In general I like it!

But just one standard hockey stick bushing is not robust enough I think. Better use a tow hook ball, graderball, monster rose joint or something like that.

AND the standard crossmember modified to take the bushing is severely weakend by this modification especially for the function it is used now. I already doubt the mounting of the crosmember with all its sloted holes is rigid enough for its original function.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:34 AM, landy_andy said:

Check out this D2 front 3 link install from Nate @ Dirt Lifestyle, it’s surprisingly easy to do and you could always add tons as well 😉

Dirt Lifestyle 1 Ton D2 build

Great video. Very interesting. Definitely got me thinking.

He used some seriously heavy duty stuff on that discovery. It’ll be a beast.

Checked out Barnes 4x4 website. Shame we don’t have anyone in the UK like that. I think the import costs would make it unrealistic. Hell maybe having closer links with the US would be good but that’s probably a topic for another forum topic!

3 minutes ago, Kingfish said:

Great video. Very interesting. Definitely got me thinking.

He used some seriously heavy duty stuff on that discovery. It’ll be a beast.

Checked out Barnes 4x4 website. Shame we don’t have anyone in the UK like that. I think the import costs would make it unrealistic. Hell maybe having closer links with the US would be good but that’s probably a topic for another forum topic!

import costs arent too bad, last lot of suspension stuff i imported was around 4% duty & 20% vat

On 10/20/2020 at 8:18 PM, RedLineMike said:

cant say i ever have, i believe they are tax free as they are an export

Your right, once you get through to the checkout no tax is added.

On a separate note have you any experience with a duel triangulated 4 link system? 

2 hours ago, RedLineMike said:

yes, as mentioned previously my current buggy has it front & rear & my previous build had it on the rear

_IGP9583.JPG

_IGP9584.JPG

Thankyou for sharing, I bet she’s a beast.

For the front set up how do you go about with the links not hitting sump or the manifolds?

9 hours ago, RedLineMike said:

Manifolds are a pair of shorty block huggers with some creative bends, 

Sump is pretty straightforward as the axle is in front of the crank pulley with the upper links going either side of the engine

Thanks Mike.

Hope your able to get out and enjoy that incredible machine.