Definitive rear wiper wiring for amr3676

Guys and gals, I am absolutely stuck with this! I have a Defender OneTen, 1989 vintage. It came with a new, AMR3676 rear wiper, but not fitted. 

I have the standard wiring leading up to the wiper, red/light green, brown/light green, solid green, three blacks on one ring crimp and  single black. However, the wiper has a three way block with White, Brown and Green, and a single block with a Yellow. 

How on earth do I connect these together correctly so I  can at least check that the other wiring is correct with no faults? 

I have read thro your previous answer on this, but it doesn't answer my question at all. The wires coming out of my amr3676 are different and there are only four of them. I get that one of the "two" socket wires will be an earth that's now incorporated into the wiper frame, and the Yellow wire may be the live to the motor, but which of the original wires on the Landy goes to that Yellow? And then, what is the correct connection/colour matching for the other 3 wires, the White, Brown and Green on the wiper itself? 

Your vehicle is the same year as mine, so the wiring for the new motor should be exactly the same, I don't remember having a yellow wire, the wiring which is on the new motor should be connected with econoseal plugs, so they could be removed & changed the original wiring as I did. 

Post a photo of your new motor it will help others & myself if we can see item motor & it's pre fitted wires. Which I suspect the previous owners has added. 

Removed my rear wiper cover & found my rear motor has the same colour wires attached as your motor, then, my original wiring is connected as shown in this photo,

The plain black next to the plain red in the 2 pin connector is not required, but I just left mine in place. 

If you join your wires as in photo it should work fine 

IMG_20201007_212930.jpg

• Thanks 1

Cheers Western, that's exactly what I needed. When I took the wiper off the door to test it, it worked with a direct 12v and ground from a small battery, but obviously without parking. This led me to source the problem of a corroded red/light green connector behind the rear panel, hence only getting 4v from that wire. 

Next problem is to sort out the non parking side of this wiper. I'm not sure where to go with that... 

But, thanks again! 😀

10 minutes ago, western said:

Hopefully when wired up to the existing wiring as above it will sort itself out. 

That's exactly what happened minutes ago! Many thanks! 

You're gotta love Landy electrics, the true home of "spaghetti electric-trickery"... 😉

Now, I can get back to welding up the A pillars and bulkhead now the windscreen is out.  😏

Edited by DiveTramp
Next job...
  • Like 1