Disco td5 diff lock

oneandtwo

This one is the highest spec one I’ve seen, factory roof mounted sat nav and rear dvd screen, full wood and black leather and electric / heated everything, along with diff lock! Shame it’s time is nearly up it won’t pass another MOT but ending its days as being useful around the farm.

On most TD5;s the difflock was fitted on the gearbox and it was the selector that was missing.I beleive it was omitted because all TD5's had traction control which was deemed by LR to be better. However with both traction control and a difflock the Disco became a much better tool off road.

16 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

On most TD5;s the difflock was fitted on the gearbox and it was the selector that was missing.I beleive it was omitted because all TD5's had traction control which was deemed by LR to be better. However with both traction control and a difflock the Disco became a much better tool off road.

A vast proportion of them without the linkage don’t have the internals in the box either. 

16 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

The defender had the centre difflock as standard, no matter what year, it was only deleted for some TD5 Discoverys.

Sorry, poorly worded question. If my centre diff lock went pop and I had access to a disco one, would it be need fettling to fit?

4 hours ago, reb78 said:

What needs welding on it. The body on mine (2004) needs something each year for the MOT at the moment. Strangely, my chassis is fine!

The chassis at the rear is really quite rotten, also brake pipes, Rest of it is really nice, not a dent or ding on it and in Java black too. Looking at the history it spent a long time in the Shetlands before somehow ending up in SW Cornwall, so it didn’t really stand a chance!

• Like 1