LR4x4.com Technical & Popular modifications Archives

To all members 

With reference to the Technical Archive

if anyone has a good technical post they think would be worth saving for future reference & use by others please note the message below 

POSTS YOU THINK NEED TO BE INDEXED IN THIS ARCHIVE PLEASE PM THE LINK TO ME --- Western,

then I can add it to the relevant section. 

OR copy/paste the relevant link in reply to this post. 

intention is to try & increase the standing of the Tech Archive, we also have a Popular Modifications archive so if anyone has done a good mod they think others would like to read/add to their vehicle then please mark it as Popular Mod ---- then the url link to it

that way I can see where it needs to be added.

• Like 2
  • western pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Can we have a couple of mega-indexes of "What tyres can I fit to my <LR model>" threads if only to stop the constant posting of new ones?

Wonder if that's doable with some kind of index of the Key words you can add to a thread. Even if it means going back through them. 

15 hours ago, ballcock said:

I've been on here for a long time but have never seen the popular mod archive, where does one find it?

Look in the Tech Archive forum, it's at pinned at the top. 

• Like 1

I was expecting a sub-forum, I did look at that years ago but there never seemed to be any new posts and haven't bothered since. I think a sub-forum would make it more noticeable.

On 10/14/2020 at 4:05 PM, landroversforever said:

In the tech archive:

3787E863-27D9-4E7A-8ADA-8646EE6B822D.thumb.png.9a2d864daf1a14228cd91d5b4bb1bdbf.png

But how do you get to the tech archive?  It’s not showing on any of the navigation bars on this IPad.   That is why I posted the screen shot on my previous query - it’s not there, and doesn’t show up as a submenu from any nav bar selection.

47 minutes ago, Snagger said:

But how do you get to the tech archive?  It’s not showing on any of the navigation bars on this IPad.   That is why I posted the screen shot on my previous query - it’s not there, and doesn’t show up as a submenu from any nav bar selection.

Does this section not show up?

image.thumb.png.1aaf25d85ce77f6be0c9c37779a00e8c.png

Link here: https://forums.lr4x4.com/forum/15-land-rover-technical-archive/ 

I was looking for it in the top nav bars, like in the other screen shots.  Is that the Facebook format?  That’d be why I couldn’t see it there.  It’s on the lower section that Ross pictured - I hadn’t noticed it because of looking in the wrong spot!