1999 Range Rover P38 EAS Manual and Engine Disables Message

New P38

Hi, I’ve just bought a P38 2.5 dt in a T 1999 plate. Everything working fine then fob wouldn’t work, I got new batteries but wouldn’t unlock with remote. I have tried to start and a message which has never appeared before came up saying ECA manual! (Note: the car has not air suspension it has springs). Also when I can start it as it says engine disabled push remote. I have been online to try to resolve but nothing is working. Can anyone help me?

+1 for re-synching, that is a skill you will need from time to time, take care to follow the sequence exactly. Also check you have the EKA code for your car, it is the only solution sometimes. Many remotes display eratic behaviour with the receiver module, take care to get quite close to the vehicle, in some situations I have to put the key right up to the RH rear window for it to work. There is a known issue with the receiver and antenna which I suspect is part of my problem, but while it works I just go on using it. If you search for these problems you will find lots on here .... I also use Rangerover.pub, some very helpful and knowledgable guys on there.

Tried re-syncing the key but no joy. Watched lots of videos online but nothing works. It is not asking for an EKA code but the radio does ask for a code but that’s probably due to a previous battery replacement