Spare wheel on bonnet

Cornish Rattler

1 hour ago, Snagger said:

I’m not sure about the legality.  I was told the MoD are given a dispensation as a Crown entity, but I remember someone telling me years ago (when Wolfs were new) that C&U regs don’t permit it.  Could be complete rubbish, but worth checking before drilling holes in the side of your hard top!

That would make all released Wolf's illegal on UK roads?

2 hours ago, missingsid said:

That would make all released Wolf's illegal on UK roads?

I don’t know how it works from a regs point of view.  It may be that once road users has been granted to a vehicle, it can’t be revoked (like not being retrospective about seat belts, lighting or emissions), it might be that the MoD got a further exemption from the C&U regs to be able to sell the vehicles, or it may be that the story I heard in the first place was wrong.  I don’t know.  I think it’d just be worth double checking before cutting any panel work.  I have read on a few forums remarks about side mounted Jeryycan holders being illegal, too, so it might all be related to not having protrusions beyond a specific distance from the side of the body. 

Today I offered the spare up onto the o/s wheel arch but wanted it to go more central as I wanted to store other stuff between the spare and bulkhead but it partially blocks out the o/s quarterlight window so I've put the spare back on the bulkhead and locking into a swing away whichi had forgotten all about :o

On 10/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, ThreePointFive said:

talking of side protrusions that should be illegal...

2020-land-rover-defender-accessories-04.#

But yes, it's a fair point - not much benefit to removing it from one place due to legalities only to put it somewhere worse. Disregard.

Within the width of the mirrors so reckon OK.

Drawing links between modifications and sexuality is not valid and does nothing to enrich the content of this forum, jokingly or otherwise, if it could make users feel unwelcome based on those grounds.

This has to be a welcoming forum, or it won't be a forum for long. Please post accordingly.

Oh I know, it's PC gone mad.

17 hours ago, Landrover17H said:

+1

For crimes against the eyes.

Whilst I'm rantin'... what is it with the larger proportion of LR owner's spattering perfectly decent stuff in juvenile/ homo-erotic shonk? I mean, if you are a bit 'confused', fine, that's still no call for wheel-carriers, umpteen jerry-cans, ***plate, eight-spokes, snorkels, big-wheels and general fakery. Just 'kin say so, and buy a Harley.

This is simple, and it works - here's mine. What's wrong with something along these lines?

Wheel.png

Up to the vehicle owner to fit/use as they want, as you like your vehicle standard or close to it, then Please don't be having a go at others for their choices, anymore of this & you WILL BE put a Mod approval, which means your posts will be read by one or more of the Moderator team before it is approved to be visible to all other members. You have been warned. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...