Fire and ice side steps on an 1989 90

Hi, apologies if this has been raised on here before but can't find it searching.

I have a pair of the tubular fire and ice style steps that I want to put on my 90. The passenger side one goes on of course no problem (see image). Has anyone any images of how they modified the drivers side one to avoid mounting on the outrigger that the fuel tank is on? I'm certain people must have done this but can't find any good threads on it.

Thanks

Jake

IMG_3036.jpg

I know, that is the issue. I was hoping that someone on here may found a workaround.

I can always attach the one support letter to the chassis and then try and find somewhere to weld a bracket to for the other but it won’t be easy. 

On 10/20/2020 at 7:29 PM, Geojake said:

I know, that is the issue. I was hoping that someone on here may found a workaround.

I can always attach the one support letter to the chassis and then try and find somewhere to weld a bracket to for the other but it won’t be easy. 

Could you drill and rivinut the chassis to have a bolted connection for the bracket rather than a welded one?

• Like 1

I am currently not in the UK so can't take a photo in situ. One bracket goes into the sill top with a support leg into the already rivnutted hole (both shown in red). The rear support attaches at a 90 degree onto the outrigger where the fuel tank is mounted (in blue). 

Maybe need to chop the 90 degree on off and bolt a bracket to it like @landroversforever says. Idk. Was hoping for an easier solution! 😓

IMG_2427.jpg

steps.jpg

• Like 1