S11 Wiper upgrade

Hi, so my S11 build is coming along great but I'm stuck with the windscreen wipers. It came with what i presume was an original wiper box on the drivers side that doesnt work but regardless I'd like to fit a modern 2 speed system that'll actually clear the screen and park neatly...anyone got any suggestions as to what system works? Ive looked at a third party set from a car builder products site that looks great apart from it would mean a motor being fixed to the bottom [or top] of the passenger side windscreen. Anyone tried that?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

its from carbuildersolutions = theres only 1 complete kit to choose but you can mix n match spindles etc

I went for solid blades so i can trim them to fit the windscreen

It looks great but as i say i cant get it wired up yet so my only concern is the arc in the drive cable; i ordered 2 lengths of the drive cover pipe and used a short piece of it at each end to push into a rubber hose for connection to the motor and first spindle.  The rubber hose is to get the arc,,,added a good smear of grease so the cable should run smoothly through it.

2 hours ago, Arjan said:

What "aftermarket 2 speed wiper system" is that please ?

Looks a lot like a standard 2-speed Series 3 / Defender motor setup to me - they were in a lot of British cars in that era though, just with different gears for the sweep angle.

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Looks a lot like a standard 2-speed Series 3 / Defender motor setup to me - they were in a lot of British cars in that era though, just with different gears for the sweep angle.

Yes, looks exactly the same as in my Mini. And also the single setup on my RRC rear window wiper.

Sweep angle is changed by the crank stroke of the big gear.