Urgently looking for plastic radiator bottom tank for P38 Diesel manual

Kev2

Actually I only have complete radiators. Another mate should have one, after the top of his radiator cracked. Not sure if it's worth the trouble to take it apart, ship it and try to get it reassembled without leaks. The radiators are not that expensive anymore.

@Kev2 send me a PM if you're interested, and I'll see what we can do.

Filip 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've now found the bottom tank. I was going to take a picture, but it's raining, and I see the requestor joined on 21st October, and last visited on the same day, when he made his second post, so picture taking on 31st October seems a profitless excercise 🙂

Regards.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello chaps, sorry for missing in action. Still had no luck getting a bottom tank here and with the lock down makes everything seem a whole lot crazier. @Escape I didn't manage to translate PM...tell me more about the complete radiator option you mentioned you have? 

On 10/31/2020 at 12:12 PM, David Sparkes said:

I've now found the bottom tank. I was going to take a picture, but it's raining, and I see the requestor joined on 21st October, and last visited on the same day, when he made his second post, so picture taking on 31st October seems a profitless excercise 🙂

Regards.

How you doing Dave. Sorry went MIA...do you still have image of the bottom tank?

Ahh, there is something apparent 'now' that I didn't realise last October.

1, I had taken pictures in Jan 1999 of the stripped radiator (1995 diesel with manual gearbox), but had forgotten about them.

2, I have taken fresh pictures now, Feb 2021, but had apparently stripped out the oil cooler, visible in the earlier pictures. I cannot immediately think where I have stored that.

3, I have successfully removed the seal, which it turns out to be of 4mm circular section, each long side is 585mm, each short side is 80mm.
As this is probably work-hardened I suggest the best bet is to make your own replacement by buying at least 1330mm of 4mm O-ring seal, and the appropriate glue.

PDRM1995-cw.thumb.jpg.dcd2d97c6f9576c7c2ae90afcaae1728.jpg

DSCF3426-cw15.thumb.jpg.896fd169842eed227418baecdcd12a48.jpg

DSCF3428-cw15.thumb.jpg.1fcc70df0f18c34cbd9a6a747bf4650a.jpg

Regards.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 12:16 PM, David Sparkes said:

Ahh, there is something apparent 'now' that I didn't realise last October.

1, I had taken pictures in Jan 1999 of the stripped radiator (1995 diesel with manual gearbox), but had forgotten about them.

2, I have taken fresh pictures now, Feb 2021, but had apparently stripped out the oil cooler, visible in the earlier pictures. I cannot immediately think where I have stored that.

3, I have successfully removed the seal, which it turns out to be of 4mm circular section, each long side is 585mm, each short side is 80mm.
As this is probably work-hardened I suggest the best bet is to make your own replacement by buying at least 1330mm of 4mm O-ring seal, and the appropriate glue.

PDRM1995-cw.thumb.jpg.dcd2d97c6f9576c7c2ae90afcaae1728.jpg

DSCF3426-cw15.thumb.jpg.896fd169842eed227418baecdcd12a48.jpg

DSCF3428-cw15.thumb.jpg.1fcc70df0f18c34cbd9a6a747bf4650a.jpg

Regards.

Hello and thank you very much for the reply and pics. I still have the oil cooler on the radiator and can use that still. So how would you like to go about the transaction. How much were you expecting for it?

More than 'how much do I want' is how does it get from the UK to Zimbabwe?

Within the UK we have access to courier firms where the buyer makes the arrangements and all the seller has to do is print off the address label, sent as an electronic file, then stick the label onto a reasonably packed parcel, and meet the collection appointment made by the courier. 

That's what I'd like to happen; I don't know what you can work out from Zimbabwe.

Off the top of my head I can only think of Hermes, but Parcel2Go might offer a service, as might DHL.
Others on this forum might suggest other couriers.

For costing purposes assume the parcel will be 600mm long, 100mm wide and 100mm high.
Weight including packing will be less than 1000g. The collection post code is DE55, so not an extra cost area of the UK.

Regards.

13 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

More than 'how much do I want' is how does it get from the UK to Zimbabwe?

Within the UK we have access to courier firms where the buyer makes the arrangements and all the seller has to do is print off the address label, sent as an electronic file, then stick the label onto a reasonably packed parcel, and meet the collection appointment made by the courier. 

That's what I'd like to happen; I don't know what you can work out from Zimbabwe.

Off the top of my head I can only think of Hermes, but Parcel2Go might offer a service, as might DHL.
Others on this forum might suggest other couriers.

For costing purposes assume the parcel will be 600mm long, 100mm wide and 100mm high.
Weight including packing will be less than 1000g. The collection post code is DE55, so not an extra cost area of the UK.

Regards.

Thank you very much for your response once again Dave. I am just trying to find out if the option i have from my end will serve us well, not sure if you are aware of it called Coedma Freight. My brother used to make use of it to send parts to me before he passed on a year ago. will give you feedback soon as i get positive feedback. 

Good day.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:59 AM, Kev2 said:

Thank you very much for your response once again Dave. I am just trying to find out if the option i have from my end will serve us well, not sure if you are aware of it called Coedma Freight. My brother used to make use of it to send parts to me before he passed on a year ago. will give you feedback soon as i get positive feedback. 

Good day.

Greetings there Dave. Sorry for taking long to get back to you but the freighting company hasn't gotten back to me with information pertaining their ability t come to you. However it looks like their pricing is £8.25 per kilo to Zim. Will press them tomorrow to see if i can get positive feedback.