Series 2 petrol ( twin) fan belt

92a

Any one ? I have just managed to start a 1961 series 2 “Fire Armour” fire engine that’s been left outside for years  it’s a 109 and has lost most of its fire engine bits and it shredded the fan belts , it’s petrol and has got a military style oil cooler and is 12v positive earth ? The belt that came off is 920 mm on the outside but the dynamo is as far out as it can go , Thanks Angus 

E5FA59FB-8AF9-440B-92EF-633517931D89.jpeg

3A69C67F-3C24-47FE-8E44-5D0133082264.jpeg

I appreciate this doesn't match exactly with the information you have given.

In the S2C forum there is a sub-forum to Workshop Wisdom called Service Data.
Scrolling down will find:

Fan/Dynamo/Alternator drive belt
LR pn: 563132 or equivalent
belt is 1050 by 10 mm

For other engines (conversions) measure the path the belt takes in mm - Drive belts usually include the circumference in mm in the part number!
You need to measure the inside circumference, NOT the outside.
e.g. a 1050 belt will measure approx 1065mm around the outside circumference.

You can also use the S2C Search facility, using the terms 'Fan Belt' and 'Show results as messages', but the 1050 measurement seems 'standard'.

Regards

I'd try a 920mm again as that old one will be worn etc. 

Local motor factors will often help out by giving you a couple of sizes to try and then return what you don't need .

Vee-Belts are measured on the circumference around the outside by  turning it inside out and stretching around the measuring gauge .

What a great find , it looks like the original early exhaust manifold on there - what sort of recorded miles does it have ? 

Steve 

I have had a good look through my pile of Land Rover books and found this in the Optional Equipment book , I searched for the pulley ( 530132) online and it’s for a dynamo the other 2 belt pulley ( 574870) is for models with an alternator , so I just need to find out how long 554389 belts are and I’ll be sorted ? Maybe? Angus 

06692225-E961-4691-884F-6993F323FFDD.jpeg