Freelander 2 2010 2.2l fuel injector problem

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I'm looking for some advice.  I had a strong smell of diesel inside my car coming through the fans. I removed the engine cover and I noticed a puddle of diesel around the 2 middle fuel injectors, so I took it into a local garage and he told me that it's most likely the leak off pipe that need replacing.  So I've brought it and put it on and the leak is still there but I cant see where it's coming from.  Anyway my question is that my Haynes manual says that if I put in a new fuel injector I need to have the serial number so I can program it to the ECU? Is this correct? as I dont mind changing it but wont be able to if the ECU needs programming. 

Any advice massively appreciated 

20201024_134719.jpg

I'd clean the diesel up and then get under there with the engine running (and a torch) and see what you can see, I'd say 90% chance it'll be a hose or pipe leaking, most likely at a joint or clip, rather than an actual injector.

• 4 weeks later...

you can swap without a reprogram - but if the correction is too far out it will trip a fault, it needs to be way out but.

All mine are wrong as i had the seals done and a couple needed swapped. when i checked it with my reader none of the codes matched up - the FL2 TD4 software runs the cylinder order back to front, ie #1 is where #4 is normally.

You need JLR SDD software to reprogram them.

let me know if you find the leak as one of mine is still doing this and i just haven't been bothered to sort it lol like you i dont think it is coming from the top as such